Rab

All States Tassie Tour 2019 - 7th March to 12th March

Topic will be automatically locked at 02:00 PM

I cant, and you are the one getting triggered because I said if I have to explain to you why I cant then you don't need to know, and the fact you got so upset and felt the need to get defensive over a small desk job joke says a lot about your character

alienating people on a forum is a good way to make friends and this a real enjoyable forum to come for information, but I enjoy poking you, makes for a good giggle when you act like this. carry on 😀😀😀😀

ohhh and if you didn't get it....see above fish 

Edited by MBAF

@k31th, @EvilDaifu, @YLD127

Before I start looking at accomodation for the last 2 nights I'd like to work out what we'd prefer.

1 night Hobart, 1 night Strahan

or

2 nights Strahan

(2/1/1) or (2/2) for the trip

I like the idea of 2/2 - I think Keith was up for that as well?

Gary was up for the night in Hobart, but he also wants to get to the lake at Cradle Mountain and wasn't too fussed on heading to Salamanca again. (maybe a run up to Cradle Mountain and back on the extra day in Strahan or could do the cruise up the Gordon)

I think it'll be the go.

Will put the weather in your hands - 28 every day last trip, see if you can match that ;)

I think the Strathgordon run would be better out of Hobart than Strahan as that day was huge when we did it last time... but would be happy to stick around Strahan for two nights to take in the entire west coast stuff (including Cradle, or whatever) and the Strahan touristy stuff that we talked about last time we were there...

Yeah - Strathgordon would be time sensitive if we do 2 nights in Strahan

The Gordon River run is a "touristy" thing - we get one of the big boats from the harbour and cruise up it.

Gary wants to do the walk around the lake at Cradle Mountain - about a 3 hour walk? (pretty easy walk)

Would tie that in with a circuit through the inside of the West Coast

Depending on the weather we can make this the "touristy" day - drive and walk, boat trip and drive or just drive etc (personal preference)

Yep 2 nights Triabunna and 2 nights Strahan is good.  Let's explore both East and West Coast better in my opinion.  What's 98 like in Strahan again? I forgot.

And LPG  ;)

Done - will get onto the same place as last time to get the rooms in Strahan

As long as it's not clashing with anything we should be fine

Spirit of Tassie booked - farrkn left it a bit late so prices high.  So I'll be bunking with Rab cos like his company and cash strapped ... :thumbsup:

Ok guys - rooms are running out in Strahan really quick.

I've had to change the direction of the trip - we'll now be going anti clockwise

Thurs 7- boat

Fri 8- Strahan

Sat 9- Strahan

Sun 10- Triabunna

Mon 11- Triabunna

Tue 12- boat

I've booked myself in here for the Friday and Sat nights. (probably the better nights to be in Strahan anyway).

https://www.wotif.com/West-Coast-Tasmania-Hotels-Strahan-Village.h922100.Hotel-Information?chkin=8%2F3%2F2019&chkout=10%2F3%2F2019&rm1=a1&sort=recommended&hwrqCacheKey=1993c7d8-5900-4864-bc24-96016f011711HWRQ1549429386481&cancellable=false&regionId=3265&vip=false&c=07d16388-7a46-45f0-8126-c1b5e263e542&&exp_dp=268&exp_ts=1549429385591&exp_curr=AUD&swpToggleOn=false&exp_pg=HSR

Anyone who's on the fence about coming - better make a decision quickly

@MBAF

@demon1300

@Psshhhht

ok, sounds good.

Have you found out the details about the Triabunna accomm? May or may not work for me with the missus coming along.

Might want to check with Matt.

He sent me the attached pic, put I'm not sure what sleeping facilities are.

jpeg-imag.jpg

Mental note for self - don't buy another sleeping bag - BRING ONE ALONG :roflmbo:

Also have booked into Strahan Village for 2 nights - Fri 8 Mar check in and Sun 10 Mar check out - thanks for checking which nights where :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, YLD127 said:

It has four camping stretchers ready for your sleeping bag. 

Woohoo - will bring my hammock :)