BA/BF Ute fitment

Mattyy

• Member For: 5y 4m 18d

Hi all,

I'm looking for wheels to finish off a ute. I've narrowed it down to either Rota Grid R's or Koya SF-01's. They have to clear Brembo 6/4's and it'll have Shockworks coil-overs in the front and leveled out in the rear (both not yet installed). The ute currently has Vertini Fashion 20x8.5 +42 all round with 3mm spacers on the front. These were purchased second hand when I buckled some 19's I previously had on there, and weren't a meant to be a permanent solution.

I considered 19's again, but the offsets for the Grid R's didn't seem to work out for the fronts and I'm not really a fan of the Grid/Grid R combination. That got me on to the idea of 18's again and I'm liking the look of the SF-01's and Koya offer custom offsets. 

What are people's thoughts on SF-01 18x9 +25 F // 18x10 +15 R or something like that? I've searched around and I think the answers are out there, it's just dead image links that are killing me. I was also considering Grid R 18x9.5 // 18x10 but was unsure on offset. I'm aware I'll probably need guard work in that scenario. Don't want to run spacers or heaps of stretch. The ute won't be ultra low, either. Any input would be appreciated. 

Cheers

Edited by Mattyy

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

BA/F or FG

Edit

D'oh didn't read the title, can't help with B series offset sorry but plenty on here who can

Lot of good info in this thread if you haven't read yet

Edited by camo86T

Thanks man, 

I’ve had a look around and there are some great examples on here. I think my issue is going to be the brembo’s. After speaking with Koya today, they have suggested the following:

Front: 18” x 9”  ET +28 (clear 3mm)

Rear: 18” x 10” ET +38 (clear 3mm)

They advised that I will need “quite a bit” of camber adjustment to make it work. Does anybody have an idea of how much camber? Or should I be looking for a different wheel?

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 3m 25d

You wouldn't need any camber work with those sizes quoted by koya. Very conservative fitment with zero poke. Prefect offset for fat fat rubber. Not flush fitment and will sit inside the guards a little bit

In those offsets your front will sit 12mm further in than mine and 22mm further in on the rear 4591576cdbb7c86a531735a3b29ac6b0.jpg

Yeah I thought that. 3mm is close. Would you move the rear outwards for a slightly more aggressive figment or run 285/35 rears? Or both?

I’m hoping order them tomorrow in GTR grey

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 3m 25d

That 3mm clearance will be to the brake calliper not the chassis/suspension. You could run the rears with a lower offset but you would start to loose room for wide rubber. Mine are a 10.5+22 rear with a 275 and the guards have been modified slightly to gain more room. Still scrubs a bit. 275 is as wide as I can go. You'd be able to run a 295 even a 305 with the +38 offset