Plugs and gap

Jordan83

• Member For: 5y 7m 14d

Cheers, will this give me that balance between cruising and under load? The problem has been a missfire at cruising speeds..

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

sounds like your tuner needs to clean up the cruising part of your tune... it should not misfire on cruise as there's almost always no boost.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

AGSP22YE07’s , don’t gap plugs when you can buy Genuine ford plugs at 0.7mm gap Perfect for stock-500rwkw @ 22 psi

sounds like you tuner needs to scale injectors better “IF” your plugs/coils/02 sensor are all good ;)

• 8 months later...
  • Member For: 5y 3m 25d

@JETURBO, Hi, are you saying the standard xr6 turbo sparkplug which is 6 heat range is fine for up to 22psi boost? Im going to run 18psi and about 350rwkw and I thought 1 heat range colder would be needed. Is it not necessary to go to colder plugs on these motors??? Thanks

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

No, what plugs are you using?

I buy these which are 20 heat range 22 is slightly colder, but when you open the packet the plug inside is AGSP22YE07’s. Used multiple sets but only noticed last time I installed a set.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-FORD-BA-BF-FALCON-SPARK-PLUG-SET-SK20R7-TO-SUIT-EGAS-LPG-ANTI-BACKFIRE/290628022377?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

• Member For: 5y 3m 25d

I have stock standard plugs in it at moment, iv just been stock piling parts and I'm about to start the big monster garage project soon, Ford over here said they cant get 1 heat range colder, repco said $56 per plug for 1 heat range colder iridium, but that sounds way too much $. No one in nz seems very helpful so far.