Security code on ICC

HI PSI

• Member For: 17y 10m 24d

Hi all, as many of you are aware, I not run a stand alone Elite 2500 and the factory engine management has been removed completely. To my knowledge all off the Canbus is still wired and connected. However, the ICC screen now has the "Security code" of death on the screen. The car starts and does everything else, that it should. But I'd like everything to run properly.

So, the question is, can the security code issue be removed by disabling PATS? If I'm on the right path, can this still be done without the factory EMS? Or is there another method? Can this be done with a Snap-on scanner, or through VCM Suite etc.

Thanks in advance for your assiatance...

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 19d

Silly question, can't you just put the code in? 

I had an au falcon that I didn't have a code for and ford charged me $11 or something to retrieve it for me. 

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 26d

I thought BA onwards didn't have a code you could enter but got the code when the body control module and the PCM handshake - which is of course a problem in this case.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 26d
34 minutes ago, El Andrew said:

Might be this guy?

Thank you VERY much. It certainly sounds like he knows his  stuff. I'll call tomorrow

Thanks again..

• Like 1

I called FPV Joe today and he suggested that I try connecting a scan tool. He wasn't particularly optimistic about the success rate, but I will give it a shot. Joe also recommended that I contact ASL Logistics and discuss my problem with them. 

I called ASL and they stated that they could reprogram the ACM (Audio control module), which will remove the security code issue. ASL suggested that I send the ACM only (Not the whole ICC) and quoted $90 plus return freight. I am SO relieved that the issue can be rectified and that it is a simple fix.. Well, I know what I'll be doing late this arvo (removing the ICC).....

Thanks to all that replied. Your input and advice is greatly appreciated. I hope that this thread will help other members with their future endeavors.

Brad

• Like 2