COLD AIR INTAKE

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 6m 24d

Just keep the stock box and drill a couple of holes in the front with a hole saw and drop in a hi flow filter.  Otherwise go turbo side intake if you want lots of noise, but it costs a bit more

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Member For: 5y 3m 25d

I installed a mackielec turbo side intake and battery relocation kit today. I have a 3582r turbo, 4 inch dump and external gate. I started engine, let it warm up for 5 minutes idling. Then I gave it a few revs, and a bit more maybe to 5000rpm and it boosted to 5psi while sitting still. Is it doing this now because of less restriction with the turbo side intake? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 5y 3m 25d

Iv put a turbo side intake on my fgx and now it doses hardout, even with stock bov on it doses, I have a turbosmart kompact 25mm bov which goes to atmosphere. With the stock valve and the turbosmart bov at idle the piston gets sucked off its seat and leaks to atmosphere. Is it bad for it to leak to atmosphere? I'm guessing it's leaking while cruising on vacuum as well. I put a red harder spring in turbosmart bov and piston does not lift off seat at idle. With stock crossover and airbox I couldn't hear any dose at all, now it doses when backing off from 1 or 2 psi and doses harder with more boost. I don't hear much bov whoosh until about over 12psi. Is there a different/ better type of bov that works better?