'11 Ford Fg xr6 catback / exhaust

JordoFordo

• Member For: 5y 5m 13d

Looking to get a catback system for my 2011 xr6... thinking of going with X Force 2.5 catback or a Redback 2.5 that has a straight tailpipe ( https://www.performanceexhaust.com.au/~1409 ). Just wondering what systems you guys would recommend, looking for something loud  

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

if you want loud, take out the mufflers from the stock system.

if you want something that sounds nice and is reasonably loud, then you'll have to find somebody who has one already on their car or you can just try out any name-brand one (like the two you mentioned) and you'll probably be satisfied with the outcome :)

• Member For: 5y 5m 13d

Installing a catback.. is it relatively easy to do myself? I know I have to unbolt and detach the hanger clips to take off the existing ones and just bolt back on the purchased system right    

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

It's not overly difficult if you're competent with swinging spanners and know the tricks of exhaust installation. Things like order of tightening, gasket/gasket-goo usage etc.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Let's just say that it was rather interesting removing a twin 2.25 and fitting a twin 2.5 through the cradle. It's probably a lot easier with a single pipe.

It can be done by yourself in the driveway if you're feeling deadly. I think it would be a giant pain in the dickhole, if you weren't used to thinking outside the box in regard to fitting the exhaust.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

I'd say his is an N/A, so it's a single pipe, which is why he's going for a single 2.5". The hardest part is getting the rear of the car high enough to get the stock exhaust out, as the first flange is on the other side of the IRS so it's a long curved pipe that's a bit tricky to get out easily... If you don't mind scratching/bending/cutting the removed stock system, it does make it a little less worri-some. The rest is not difficult on an N/A car, for a cat-back exhaust.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
2 minutes ago, k31th said:

I'd say his is an N/A, so it's a single pipe, which is why he's going for a single 2.5".

Nooo...:stirthepot:  xD

Haha it is a pita to get out but it can be done. Ya gotta aim it out the drivers side all perpendicular like iirc.