Ozkart13

• Member For: 11y 1m 27d

Hi guys, 

After filtering through all the misfire related topics and find very few threads with actual resolutions I thought I'd start a new one.

Basically my 09 FG G6e turbo started misfiring at WOT when at the strip the other night. 400rwkw running E85 to give an idea of mod level. The thing had done it before, when it did I took it back to the tuner where it got a service and retune and came out happy as. Has been running sweet for about 6 months now but the problem has returned and is far worse. Essentially when I am on hard boost it sounds like it has a very bad misfire and no power obviously. Originally it was just under WOT but on the way back from the track it got worse, occasionally misfiring while.cruising at 100kph and but the time I got home (100km later) struggling to idle without misfiring. With slight throttle it runs smooth as so I'm thinking it has to do with ignition as the extra voltage with slight throttle will help spark but as soon as any fuel or boost is dumped into the engine it misfires again. 

I am yet to talk to my tuner (will today) but will update this post, through to resolution so hopefully it can help out the next victim. Keen to here any ideas or similar stories.

Cheers, Joel

Edited by Ozkart13

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Member For: 11y 1m 27d

Fair callout @masda74, I let this slip. To be fair though I only rectified the issue on Friday.

My mechanic replaced the coils and plugs about 2 months ago as discussed. This fixed the problem as far as I could tell, it was idling fine and under some half pulls on e85 it performed fine. Happy days, I thought "all fixed, I'm not updating that post though". 😉

Changed to 98 and the car had been running fine for a good 2 months. Under full load, about 17psi, no issues whatsoever. Until...

Changed back to e85 last week, pulled onto the motorway, planted it and on the very first pull back on e85 the dreaded misfire returned. A couple more pulls confirmed it and I had a head in hands moment.

Next morning over some bacon and eggs I remembered one thing we didnt do, gap the plugs. A trip back to my local mechanic, plugs regapped from 1mm to 0.7mm and the engine is running 100%. But now I think 4th is slipping... 😣😅 Sorry bout the long version. Hopefully it helps.

Short version = new coils and new plugs gapped to 0.7mm = win

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d
On 05/11/2018 at 8:06 AM, Puffwagon said:

Idea: plugs are rooted. 

22 minutes ago, Ozkart13 said:

plugs regapped from 1mm to 0.7mm and the engine is running 100%

Now now keefy boy, that's my beer you're trying to drink.