Intermittent Engine cutout

DStirrup

• Member For: 13y 8m 6d

New CAS, Power Steer sensor,  Foot pedal AAC swapped, (Total PITA!!!)  All earth connections re done with zinc conductive paste to chassis and tested.  ECU lifted then regrounded and connectors cleaned as well as the engine loom.  Vacuum leaks in inlet plenums checked.  Chinese alternator swapped out with Ford 2nd hand in case voltage regulator dodgy or intermittent short as that was the last thing replaced before this all started

Now if I had the many thousands some think I should have for a VCM then yeah, lets drive around to log issues just like the Fraud dealer did with their VCM and they never came to any conclusion beyond throttle body errors despite what one would have expected.

So maybe I am a dumb ass to those it makes feel better but I still have the problem and obviously I have run out of ideas which is why I was asking for help.

Very rarely I also get brief throttle surge or cutout.  

Unfortunately my next step seems to be an ECU swap which I am dreading...  It all seems so stupidly frustrating.

• Member For: 13y 8m 6d

And yes 2 multimeters are in use, one is a very low ESR type ( 0.001 ohms resolution) for checking ground connections.

As said my next step seems to be an ECU swap but my local Fraudster will NOT link a second hand ECU in and insist it has to be a new one they supply at an all up price of $3100.  Car is a nice Fairmont but not worth that sort of investment.

• Like 1