Knocking Noise

Joshuam08

• Member For: 5y 5m 7d

Hi all,

I noticed on my G6E that when I go over a decent bump/pot hole etc on my left rear wheel, I can hear a bit of a knock inside the cabin which I can't usually here if the other 3 wheels go over any bumps. When I go over a speed bump with all wheels, there is no bump as I'm guessing more of the load is distributed. 

The noise isn't loud enough that I think a strut it about to burst through the body but I was just curious if anyone might have any ideas what that could be so I could get it fixed up?

Thanks in advance

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

sounds like a rear trailing arm bush failure, based on how you've described it... but could realistically be anything in the rear suspension as we do tend to delicately drive over speed bums instead of the hard hits a pothole or bump will cause

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

• Member For: 5y 5m 7d

Would that be something that a mechanic could see fairly easily to check?It's going in for a ZF service in a couple of weeks so curious to see if they could give it a quick look while they are there, or if it involves a lot of stuffing about.

Potholes was probably a bad way to describe it, as I do avoid potholes. :mosking:  The roads I have to drive on are unfortunately fairly crap so there are a few small depressed parts of roads on the edges which is how I noticed it.