Custom build

Killerxr6turbo

• Member For: 5y 7m 10d

Hey all done a few things put new chrome grills on led indicators and xr badges here is a link

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MoRsTp7h1s8apkcz6

. Will do headlights next weekend. Putting new leather stitched FPV console cover in tomorrow just waiting for glue to set for 48 hours new, Led interior lights are done and are fantastic so much better got the icy blue ones. Found the back two were so corroded and crushed thought the globes just blew, ordered two today so will install them when it arrives and also the passenger map light socket was also crushed will get one from wreckers tomorrow previous owner's where pathetic. Had to do and replace so many niggling things but havn fun doing all the work, working on me car distress me until ya have to drop the c word. Just waiting on concept customs in qld on console surround dash strips and door strips in red flames won't be long n they will be here. Will put pics up when done Also the boost gauge the previous owner installed doesn't even work has power but no vacuum so will install new one once my android icc unit arrives as I have to take out the icc to install vacuum hose. The turbo oil feed line is an issue need help to install bought a Intune Motorsport brand one how easy is it to install? And will I be best to change the  wastegate to a higher boost or wait to see what the guys nizpro say. Just got a new cat back xforce 2 1/2 inch twin stainless steel system as the mild steel one on the car is really damaged and rusted something shocking from previous owner will install new one mid next week just after help with the oil feed line want to look at this first don't want to blow up the turbo and worse do I need to take off oil filter to make it easier. I already have the 24mm deep socket to do the job as the turbo is only louder than normal on first start up for the day it seems oil line might be slightly blocked or inadequate but once oil gets to the turbo it seems to be normal sounding. Just running a 10 psi generic tune. Can't wait for car to go to nizpro on November the 5the and looking forward to me new found power 340plus rwkw can't wait once I get car back I will organise for my new single vented v8 bonnet and djr rear wing to be painted more to follow 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 15d

1. don't run a generic tune... that stuff can kill your engine... seriously.

2. the oil line is fine to install before the tune. It's not overly difficult if you take out the airbox and attack it from that direction, then its just a matter of having the right tools.

3. Only change the wastegate actuator/flapper if nizzy recommend doing it. Once done, don't boost the car until it's tuned by nizzy. Again, if you change the wastegate and then hammer your car, your engine could be blown on the first overboost situation.

nice work on the rest of the cosmetic mods :spoton:

• Member For: 5y 7m 10d

Will do k31th what are the right tools for the job I will give it a shot on Friday or Saturday n hope it sorts noisy turbo on first start up for the day n yes I will leave the rest up to nizpro thanks will take more pics shortly really happy with how the chrome grilles look and should look awesome when I put new drl style chrome headlights 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 15d

For the most part, you're going to need at least one spanner (I forgot the specific size, from memory it's a 17 or 19mm) to hold the part of the oil pressure sensor/sender into the block while you attack it from the other side with a socket. The rest is just basic spanner work to undo the ends and get it out :)