Plazmaman 700hp Intercooler Kit install G6E

kiwiskidkid

• Member For: 8y 8m 18d

Just for anyone interested or who is going to do one themselves thought I would just make a quick post closing out my install and experience.

First - Big thanks to the guys ay Plazmaman who fast-tracked my order and got it to my Hotel in plenty of time for me to collect on my short visit to Sydney. I was an extra needy emailer trying to ensure I had everything lined up as I don't get across the ditch often and was trying to save some coin buying direct and bringing it back us luggage. Great service, packaging, communication, and the product is very high quality.

I had a couple of tuners tell me to splash out on the 800hp which I would of if I wasn't trying to get it back into NZ in luggage, the extra size and weight was making me nervous and at the end of the day my plans for this build are well supported with the 700hp flow. Install experience was OK, I haven't done a swap before and the lessons learned:

1. Headlights need to come out to get the pipes in/out 

2. There is cutting of the plastic bar required, more than expected

3. It will fit nicely over the air con cooler, once you have cut enough plastic bar

4. You don't use the original mounting brackets, although it looks like you should as the rubber bushes fit in nicely, once again if you cut enough plastic it lines up perfectly with the factory mount points for the OEM brackets and you can bolt it up nice and tight.

5. The piping kit was the easy bit and great quality too - I went with the throttle body elbow and already have a turbo side cold air so looking good.

Happy to answer any questions or share closer pics if another newb lands on this post and wants a little help.

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

Edited by kiwiskidkid
fixing pictures
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...