GT3576r Exact Full Specs

SydCrazi

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

Good advice there.

Just cos everything comes from China doesn't mean it is all made to the same material grade or tolerances. Can't assume Ali Express turbo is going to be the same quality as a genuine Garrett.

Some people on here have had good experiences with cheap turbos, others have lasted a few weeks.

• Member For: 13y 4m 13d

@Puffwagon thanks, informative. Ok so I'm convinced to leave the .50 factory AR and skip the .63 and go to .83 based on the technical stuff you just said. Yes 850ish Aud. Car already tuned with a few things. Bigger cooler, 1000cc injectors, maybe adjustable mamba actuator, is all I'll be adding with whatever frigging turbo I can find that bolts on, that's just a pinch better than stock,,, then tuning again to suit. When you say go for genuine chra, just look for GT3576R chra on ebay? 

Edited by SydCrazi

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

The .50 is referring to the compressor housing. I wouldn't use a .82/whatever turbine housing unless I had a huge external wastegate on it and even then, reliable advice has said that it's less than ideal to do that. 

If you are happy to tune to suit then get a bigger turbo. A gtx35 variant will slot in with a couple of minor mods and will make a lot more power. 

If all of that sounds like a bit much and you wanted to keep costs down, I'd track down a decent used turbo.

You wanna keep like for like, including the wg preload, otherwise it'll need tuning to be spot on, or in some cases, necessary.

There is a dude on here who doesn't mind a tag and is happy to help with cheaper than rrp parts. @JETURBO

Also a question, are your housings in good condition? The bearing didn't collapse did it? 

Side note: you can get bearings and seals replaced with a quick balance for about $700 if you r&r the turbo yourself. 

Edited by Puffwagon
A letter and a word
  • Thanks 1

• Member For: 6y 10m 27d

I found this guy as I was considering the inevitable. Haven't researched him or anything it was just something I bookmarked on my travels.

http://www.hypergearturbos.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=73&product_id=68

$50 standard wastegate port as well.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
28 minutes ago, adams355 said:

I was considering the inevitable.

When the inevitable happens you go bigger. Thems the rules.

29 minutes ago, adams355 said:

Haven't researched him or anything

They've been developing rb stuff for years.

• Like 1

@Puffwagon Well the housing seems fine. It's got nothing down low, boggy slug, and seems to boost up top but still isn't right. Car sort of sounds tinny under load, so I've been driving like grandma. When you turn the car off you can hear turbo quite loudly turning for ages like ball bearings rolling down a gutter sound. Mechanic/tuner told me, I quote 'turbos I <3 Bananased, it'll collapse on you maybe tomorrow, maybe 12 months, who knows'

Car (G6E) has high flow cat, process West intake with muffler delete and tune with close to 300rwkw. I like the factory hybrid turbo for that instant low down quick power. My thinking was it was the Inlet housing AR that was responsible for this with that smaller wheel they talk about. 

So if replacing turbo, I thought well why not get a pinch bigger, only a pinch, to keep that factory instant pep, throw on some injectors and bigger cooler and get a pinch more power and join the 300 club.. But I want to keep costs down, so want BOLT ON turbo... 

Not sure what to do here.. ?

Edited by SydCrazi

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Everything bolts on, one way or another. 

What's your priority? Cost, power, ease of install?

I'm hearing some contradictory requirements.

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

Best pathway is to just replace the CHRA (core) of the turbo, in your case, with another genuine Garrett item. You don't need to upgrade the turbo to make a little over 300. If you want to actually upgrade the turbo to make over say 320rwkw, then your best bet is the GTX variant of your factory turbo (GTX3576R). That'll be significantly more expensive than the factory replacement/repair, though...

Have a read of these threads:

https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/search/?q=Gtx3576&sortby=newest&search_in=titles

• Like 1

Hi everyone. @Puffwagon and @k31th thanks for the info guys, appreciate it. I didn't think of a core replacement. I think I'll replace core. Get wastegate mod (port/flap) to my existing turbo. Whack on the bigger injectors, better actuator that tuner can set to what he thinks best, bigger bolt on cooler and retune for hopefully 320. I get my 300 wish and expense kept low no mods required. Winner winner chicken dinner. So around 700 for a core replacement?