FG Falcon driveline noise

frankenpixel

• Member For: 5y 5m 14d

Hi all

first post,

Just bought a 08 FG falcon xr6t 6spd Manual

between 90-110+kmh/h there is a very noticeable vibration coming from the rear end of the car, the vibration doesn't matter if accelerating/decelerating or sitting at a stable speed.

• I checked balance of wheels at tyre shop and even rotated wheels from back to front to eliminate the wheels being any part of the issue
  • Tailshaft and tailshaft centre bearing look completely new
  • Diff bushes are aftermarket polyurethane bushes and look fine (I wouldnt guess the extra firmness to be a contributing factor as I have had solid metal diff bushes in a previous car and made no vibrations what so ever.)
  • wheel bearings feel nice and tight and driveshafts feel good

The only thing I can think of is if a driveshaft has been bent or dinted ever so slightly or if the brand new tail shaft has not been balanced properly, is there anyone else who has had this problem and able to help?

Cheers

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2d

The factory bush's are soft (rubbish) so they don't transfer noise from the diff (which is also rubbish). Take it to a gearbox place to check & expect to get a rebuild. You can put standard bush's in & change them regularly (or put FPV ones which are a bit harder). Either that or turn the radio up, remember they are a glorified taxi & while it will last don't expect it to be perfect. Like most things in life if you throw enough money at it you can 'fix' it

• Member For: 5y 5m 14d

So everyone who has nolathane diff bushes has a vibration from 90-110kmh?? Is this correct?

Just curious, my new looking tailshaft centre bearing is mounted by two bolts to the body of the car...but is gapped by what looks like 2 metal spacers (that the bolt goes through) on each side....I would have thought perhaps these would be rubber standard?? Just trying to work out if that part is normal or not normal 

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

I have a manual and I do not have the said vibrations. Do keep in mind that I do have an upgraded drive shaft.

Aren't the tailshaft and driveshaft the same thing?