What exhaust for 270+rwkw

Rive_mk2

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2m 6d
1 hour ago, Rive_mk2 said:

.. what car you got? How much power?

OP, keef has a B series F6 with a lot of potential but sadly zero kw at this point in time due to numerous factors, of which not the least is lack of motivation.

He doesn't realize that he's at the stage of his life where he has the best combination of spare coin, energy and time to put into it. Tragic....

@k31th :P

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 27d

That's to suit an NA with X-Force headers mate. You need either a complete dump pipe with cat to bolt up to factory cat back or just the cat pipe with cat that bolts to two bolt flange on factory dump.

Example of cat pipe:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F271663992661

A cat is pretty simple - I just took my old BA to an exhaust place and they supplied and welded a 100 cell cat into factory pipework for about $450.

The Venom option I've linked to is a step up, and should just bolt in at home.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

Wowzerz indeed

shoot me a PM mate but be warned I don’t do anything half arsed so it’s going to be more expensive through me but obviously done to a very high standard with quality parts 

FYI the stock injectors have like 240rwkw in them at an absolute maximum ! 

The factory cat is out at 260rwkw and pretty much same with the fuel pump !

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 6y 11m 17d

So, I have been playing with the exhaust for the last couple of days. It has a high flow cat now and I whacked in the venom black twin 2.5 middle piece to first muffler flange, don't think it needs it, very doughy on boost at 10psi but gets there quicker. There is a lot of torque to be lost considering it comes in from @2000rpm. I really don't think the tune could over come this, so I'm going to put the standard section back in for the tune. They will be interchangeable so I might get to run them both on the dyno. Any thoughts or whatever... 

Edited by adams355