Brake upgrade for 2007 bf turbo

Killerxr6turbo

• Member For: 5y 6m 13d

Hey everyone just bought xr6 turbo 2007 it has standard rotor size on car am interested for the best package for callipers pads n rotors guys at v sports quoted the 6 piston calliper and slotted rotors at 2899 bit too steep willing to pay that amount but interested if I can get something with just as good quality or slightly less on a budget of 1000 car has 270 kW tune looking to work engine shortly to hopefully 400 rwkw so need good brakes 

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 8m 27d

You should be able to get a set of wrecked 4 pot brembos for a bit less than that.  Even if it is just the fronts.  IIRC the xrt's came with a slightly larger brake combo anyway.  If you're going to get reliable parts for this build plus a tune to take it to 400 I dare say you'll be pushing things like the factory turbo to it's limit, so.. new turbo?

Reason I ask that, if you're spending that much coin to do the build right I wouldn't be cheaping out on the brakes at that point.   That's just me

• Like 1

• Member For: 5y 6m 13d

Thanks just looked on ebay would like them new if I will be definitely getting brembos 6 pot front and 4 pot back I have 17s on the car what size wheel would I need to put on and the rotors I here dba offers good rotors which is best money no issue just want best value for money I can get as there's lots to do as you stated with the engine build getting done at nizpro stage 2 kits cover most of the changes needed will be getting bigger turbo any ideas would be great the brakes zf to be rebuilt and strengthened for extra power I will leave exhaust for now till engine build gets done then go from there see what the guys at nizpro say doing all cosmetic stuff myself this week new LED's replacement headlights and fog lights headlights on there are very dirty and just cracked me fog lights and protectors for fog lights so they don't cracked again some interior updates to bring back to original glory with a few custom touches and just bought Android icc replacement unit for bf installing it today looking great the car has seen better days but won't be long and she be much better

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d
3 hours ago, Killerxr6turbo said:

Thanks just looked on ebay would like them new if I will be definitely getting brembos 6 pot front and 4 pot back I have 17s on the car what size wheel would I need to put on and the rotors I here dba offers good rotors which is best money no issue just want best value for money I can get as there's lots to do as you stated with the engine build getting done at nizpro stage 2 kits cover most of the changes needed will be getting bigger turbo any ideas would be great the brakes zf to be rebuilt and strengthened for extra power I will leave exhaust for now till engine build gets done then go from there see what the guys at nizpro say doing all cosmetic stuff myself this week new LED's replacement headlights and fog lights headlights on there are very dirty and just cracked me fog lights and protectors for fog lights so they don't cracked again some interior updates to bring back to original glory with a few custom touches and just bought Android icc replacement unit for bf installing it today looking great the car has seen better days but won't be long and she be much better

. . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , 

A few full stops and comma's to use for the next post.

Box, engine, brakes, turbo, wheels and extras. 25-30K... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 8m 27d
2 hours ago, espoig said:

Need at least 18s for brembos too fit, even then some 18s don't fit all depends on the style of the wheel

And it's optimistic to think you'll find an 18 you like that will fit.  Likely need a 19. I run 20's over 6 pot.

52 minutes ago, arronm said:

. . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , 

A few full stops and comma's to use for the next post.

b6f6e988501de0193d613633c6a56cde.jpg