pdidily6401

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 17d

Twelve years is a pretty good run. 

On 11/12/2018 at 4:29 PM, pdidily6401 said:

brand spanikin new

This, not so much. 

Apart from the claim etc, how is the car looking? Did ya look in the cooler yet? 

• Member For: 5y 9m 7d

have not checked the cooler yet but suspect given the mess the turbo is in the air filter product has moved through this also, still waiting to hear back from the manufacturer and the car is currently back at the tuners until we get it sorted expecting to hear back later this week, will keep you all posted.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

ok , quick update.

after many weeks of patient waiting we have a result of sorts, gotta say big thanks to my tuner steve at SMP here in Blenheim and Chris Evert at NZEFI in CHCH,  between them they have convinced the australian importer to cover the cost of the repairs to the motor, which is awesome from them unfortunately I don't know who they are but I will endeavour to find out, as BMC have yet to respond to them but they have undertaken to cover the costs of the repairs regardless and instructed SMP to go ahead with the work. Turbo sent away today for new inner core , going ceramic, have new aftermarket intercooler arriving hopefully tomorrow so all going to plan coupla weeks will reach the end of this saga.

• Like 2

yup, and leakdown test came back perfect also. not getting my hopes up just yet though, will wait till I have it off the dyno and back in the drive before I get too excited, really disappointed with BMC however, they really had a good chance here to show what a caring, put things right company they are, as yet this has not been the case, not sure where to go now with the air cleaner option. Open to suggestions.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I reckon you wouldn't go wrong with k&n. They cost more than the cheap brands but you see them on plenty of high power cars.

I'm sure some other guys will have suggestions too.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
1 hour ago, MBAF said:

another vote for K&N as long as you are not in a dusty area

That's an interesting comment cos I live in a dusty as ever loving fark area. You will frequently drive through a thick cloud of dust from a side road and there is generally dust and dirt everywhere. Recently I was pondering an intake/filter setup for my car and had a look at a fairly unused k&n filter I had lying around. I decided to go with a cheapy due to the size of the holes in the k&n and more so the fact that it wouldn't have fitted unless I did a turbo change.

That said there is more than one type of k&n filter available.