boost solenoid fail?

pdidily6401

• Member For: 5y 8m 20d

ok, well found a local dyno and tuner, prior to this I had fitted the turbosmart 7.5 psi actuator which was sold as direct swap for OEM model,  and took it for a run, max boost is now 9psi,  but still experiencing the engine shut down problem, put it on the dyno and found out the problem was indeed the ecu cutting the motor due to overboost, he said fuel was fine so not the fuel pump not supplying enough, and purely an ecu recognising overboost issue. Decided to have the ecu remapped to accept the extra boost. problem, ecu wont talk to his pc, so off it goes to someone up north who can fix the problem, he is covering the cost which is great, thought this over a bit and decided as it is in the shop for the next few days might as well remove the cat, ( O3 model, as I understand it I am legal by one year to do this), fit new injectors, new high flow air filter, wait for ecu to arrive then remap to the new changes. Have I missed anything, should I also remove my centre muffler? any thing else anyone can think of while its at the shop prior to tuning I should do. Plan to do valve springs, upgrade intercooler etc julyish next year at this stage.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
8 minutes ago, pdidily6401 said:

ecu wont talk to his pc

8 minutes ago, pdidily6401 said:

wait for ecu to arrive

What's the go with all that bizzo?

10 minutes ago, pdidily6401 said:

any thing else anyone can think of while its at the shop prior to tuning I should do

If anything I'd chuck in a walbro 255 so you can wind it up a bit if you choose.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I just quoted that from your post. You can highlight a bit and quote only that bit.

Anyway I was wondering why their pc couldn't interface with your pcm and why ordering a new one is the best fix.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok quick update found a tuner and dyno have swapped out injectors for 1000cc sards , new cat back 3 inch exhaust (no cat) and high flow air filter, car being tuned to 10lbs dyno broke (coincidence not power) while being tuned so waiting for part from Aussie to finish tune have bought a walbro to fit when I get it back and thinking I might fit external trans cooler any suggestions on location and brand 

• 2 weeks later...

and duh duh call from the tuner today, did a pull with the new gear and turbo sh*ts itself, limped the car home and back to the drawing board I go, new turbo needed, starting to think the move from Chev to Ford was not such a smart idea, gimme some help here guys, just spent 3.5 k on injectors, exhaust, filter and tune and now staring down the barrel of another god knows how much to replace the turbo, plenty on ebay, bugger all around Blenheim, any suggestions, who to buy off, what to avoid, can fit it myself, obviously got a free tune once all sorted and still looking to up horsepower in the future.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

What a farken bastard ay?!

If it's only the bearing, you can get that replaced for about the $700 mark if you r&r the turbo yourself. You can buy a kit (scroll down the page a bit) and do it yourself if you're feeling deadly.

I've got a few stock turbo parts kicking around if you've wrecked the wheels, housings or shaft etc.