Reflector head lights

XRNEWBIE

• Member For: 5y 6m 22d

Hi everyone , first post for me 

My queries is I'm purchasing a 2009 xr6 turbo ute  above pic , and have the option of a pair of reflector headlights for free, from the previous owner , who never bothered to get them fitted, 

My question are they worth the cost of fitting them , ive seen the results , but never seen a real life side by side comparison.

Regards.

Edited by XRNEWBIE

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

I assume you mean projector headlights, as the reflector headlights are standard issue on a 2009 model. They are a more clear and consistent beam, and a stronger cut-off line, but ultimately put out the same amount of overall light as compared to a reflector setup. Both are great with HID + re-aiming.

You can fit them yourself, if you're not afraid of removing the front bumper (which is required to remove the headlights)

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

• Member For: 5y 6m 22d

Yeah that's  what I meant   projector headlights , thanks for the prompt reply brother. 

No modifying any of the wiring or electrics ??? ,  just plug and play so to speak. Yeah I'm competent with doing it myself , I'm a boilermaker by trade, so I hopefully should be ok.

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d

The FG MK2 projector headlights use h7 globes for both low and high beam whereas the FG uses h4 and h7 globes.
So you'll have to make some changes to make the wiring work.