• Member For: 5y 6m 19d

Hi there, I have a 2011 FG XR6 and was told I needed to replace the rear upper control arm bushes either side. After doing a bit of research and pricing I found it was al lot cheaper and easier to replace the complete control arms with new bushes all round. I got stuck in and started replacing them I fitted the left side first and it was a breeze only took about 40minutes. But I’ve run into an issue with repacing right as I can’t seem to remove inner bush bolt, it’s like it’s been fitted the wrong way around or done so before shell of car was attached to chassis. Has anybody run into this problem before? Does this mean I am going have to unbolt and drop the whole back end to remove the bolt? I Can upload pictures in the morning. 

Cheers Garry

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

I think this post has what you're looking for. Similar problem in the FG's as compared to the B-series, if I remember correctly.

https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/90880-rear-camber-kits/?do=findComment&comment=1554827

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

no worries, mate. You only need to loosen some bits, like the posts a bit further down that thread say.

also :Welcome2FordXR6t: