Barra Swapping a 1993 Foxbody Mustang In the United States of America.

• Member For: 10y 6m 2d

Below is copy and pasted from a thread that I started in another part of this forum. I am posting it here hoping more eyeballs that see this request will result in me getting the needed information.

I'm in america working to spread the joy of the Barra to the world. I am working on a standalone ECU for the barra that is more affordable than the Haltech (about half the price). Let me start by saying I LOVE the Haltech, but it is not in my budget and I think I'm not alone. I need some help with this venture. I have already worked out the engine control part of the equation, but nobody want an ecu that will only run their engine and not their automatic transmission. If I cant figure out the ZF transmission control I will be offering an ECU for the 4 speed auto and manual transmissions. 

I need wiring diagrams and connector pinouts for the 4 speed automatic transmission (I believe its called the BTR) that comes with the BA/BF Falcon. I also need the wiring diagrams and connector pinouts for the ZF 6 speed automatic transmission. 

I have found very information on the ZF transmissions wiring and controls. I have heard people mention in several threads that the ZF has an internal transmission control unit built into the valve body. Does anyone have details on this? If that is true the wiring would be simple, and probably use the CAN/BUS system to communicate with the ECU. 

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m

I replied on your other thread but this thread has some info in it that might help.

There is a few people with digital manuals for these cars so if you don't have a copy I'm sure someone will help you out. I'm pretty sure the pinouts for the transmissions will be in them.

NEW TOY ALERT!!! Everlast Power Plasma 50s (The green one) fresh out of the box. Dual voltage 110v/220v 50 amp plasma cutter, with a port on the back that allows for CNC interface. I haven't eve plugged it in yet. I'm going to play wit it this weekend.

Now I just need my CNC table to get here.

VHwWNp7.jpg

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is allowed, if it is not please let me know and I will remove this post.

I have several projects going on along side of The Red Stallion. I share the progress of all of my builds on my FaceBook page. Please like and share it with your friends.

www.facebook.com/nievesspeedshop/

Edited by Mustangman570

• 2 months later...

Big news everyone! I finally have all the equipment necessary to start building my YouTube channel.

I have already started filming on one of my projects. I'm in the process of editing the footage I have and will have episode 1 of the 1987 El Camino 6.0 LS swap.

I'll have some footage showing me modifying the Barra oil pan for my Foxbody.

Subscribe to my channel. Once I have 100+ subscribers I can get a custom URL that will be a lot easier to find.

Obviously I am just starting this, so plese bear with me and hopefully my channel will grow fast with good quality car content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpMeSVPUMtmAOTwFGpSUAJQ?view_as=subscriber&fbclid=IwAR3Gr6Psc2i4sL2aZQ7WnARrnRe4wvLtZU12HPSIaKYN7nsaT3CUCvRjhEM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1