Barra Swapping a 1993 Foxbody Mustang In the United States of America.

• Member For: 10y 6m 2d

haven't had much time to work on anything but homework and studying. But I was able to sneak away from all of that and start cleaning up the engine bay. I pulled out the engine wiring harness and and the harness for the lights. I will be doing a full wire tuck and weld up all the unnecessary holes while the engine is out. I will also be making new brake lines and converting to hydro boost for a cleaner look.

KtX77al.jpg

i8dLgJZ.jpg

8b5tIlf.jpg

Edited by Mustangman570
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I finally had a little time to work on this beast. I am still waiting on my FG rear sump oil pan so I can't do much. Just more wiring harness removal, A/C lines removed and a good thorough cleaning. Don't worry, the A/C will be making a comeback in the future after some custom lines are made.

4Vfzfyk.jpgslTM1QP.jpg

HmKqNkk.jpg

rklRjq5.jpg

Top is dirty bottom is cleanish.
8OeyOrt.jpg

Edited by Mustangman570
  • Like 4

• Member For: 5y 6m 26d

Nicely done man, I have finally my head back from the machine shop. Recently de-burred the rough edges from the decking process, and then drilled and tapped the oil galley passages for plugs, and re-assembled. Cant wait to start prepping the engine bay for fab work, but im still a few months out, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a BA/BF front sump oil pan. You can see how much of a clearance issue there is with the front sump pan.

1Xx12Ft.jpg

n1StI6I.jpg

I decided to try a different method. Instead of dealing with the whole motor I just bolted the oil pan to the transmission and used the stock transmission mount to locate the engine front to back. This made modifying the oil pan a LOT easier.

wiusxQD.jpg

naEMQoW.jpg

XDM1yCk.jpg

OUhXjb9.jpg

Edited by Mustangman570
  • Like 1

I removed a "small" chunk from the BA/BF front sump oil pan. I also removed the front sway bar.

GhXKC24.jpg

Now it fits, even with the steering rack in place.

5x8yTzo.jpg

9VvCJnR.jpg

IT FITS! The stock hood even closes (barely but that still counts). I am probably going to space the k-member down with 1 inch spacers. This should improve hood clearance, and help with my drive line angle a little. I'd like to see the motor "tilt" a little forward, nose down another 2 0r 3 degrees. 1 inch spacers are not going to give me any handling issues. I'll be able to adjust the suspension with back into spec. Adjustable coil overs, caster/camber plates, offset steering rack bushings and bump steer eliminators are common mods already really common. I have 3/4" spacers in my 5.4 4V 96 Cobra and it handles like its on rails.

3yDidWQ.jpg

dhMr0p2.jpg

euNf37w.jpg

A3Xpu9Q.jpg

kc79ZTm.jpg

ipd6Lly.jpg

Edited by Mustangman570
  • Like 2

I know someone is going to ask why I modified a BA/BF front sump pan after going through the effort of getting a FG rear sump pan. I decided that I can modify the BA/BF pan without worrying about screwing it up since I have an extra. I have to notch the FG pan also. Doing it this way allows me to make the motor mounts and pin down the engine left/right and front/back. I'll modify the FG pan after the motor mounts are made. This way I cut it once and wont have to tweak it later if the motor mounts create an issue. I am probably being overly cautious but each oil pan costs me $300 USD after its shiped halfway across the world. 

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

loving the updates, mate :spoton:  keep them coming.

looking impressive in that engine bay; sitting high and proud :icon_ford:

• Like 1