Barra build in the U.S.

• Member For: 17y 10m 3d

I used a Motec motorsport connector on my wiring harness. This allows me do disconnect all wiring from the engine to body. Thereby reducing time, pain and suffering trying to disconnect/connect everything during an engine change. This might help you also...

• Member For: 5y 6m 25d
On 16/12/2019 at 5:04 PM, Box stock T. said:

Such a cool build, was getting a worried it was gonna be naturally aspirated, but then the pics above appeared.

Worries gone ...

Definitely shows this should have been a global platform engine/car combo, ford really missed the target on that side of things. We might still have the barra in production today but as standard kit in some ford ranger raptors.

Definitely getting close to firing it up Selective. Nice work buddy.

Oh yeah, it was going to be Turbo from the start. I'm wanting too see how far I can push it on stock rods. Once its running it will be getting a built bottom end. Then the real fun will begin. 

• Member For: 10y 5m 27d

If you've gone to all the effort of buying a barra and importing it would probably be wise not to test the stock rods they will fail at 400hp and then you have wasted alot of time importing an engine just to scatter it on the floor...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 9m 23d
9 hours ago, SelectivePC said:

Oh yeah, it was going to be Turbo from the start. I'm wanting too see how far I can push it on stock rods. Once its running it will be getting a built bottom end. Then the real fun will begin.

9 hours ago, eff xr6t said:

If you've gone to all the effort of buying a barra and importing it would probably be wise not to test the stock rods they will fail at 400hp and then you have wasted alot of time importing an engine just to scatter it on the floor...

Yeah there is really no point windowing a Block just to test the NA Barra bottom end. As mentioned it has been "tested" many times before ;). 400RWHP is about the limit of a NA Bottom end and early Turbo Motors, and about 600-700RWHP for the later BF FG turbo bottom ends. you can push them more but IMO its not worth the risk for longevity. Gas motors bottom ends also handle quite a bit more than the NA motors as well.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Yes and no.   The skinny rods with the correct tune can take alot more power. I know a car with over 600rwhp.  

But its not worth it. Best just change the rods 

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 5m 27d

That's abit different being a factory turbo there could be a possibility that it got typhoon rods. I've seen the way toads uses that car even with toads top quality tuning I think if it had skinny rods they would have definetly fallen out by now haha. There's only so much stress they can take.