Barra build in the U.S.

• Member For: 5y 3m 12d

Hey I just joined the page and I'm doing a barra swap in to my fc rx7. I live down in Fort Myers, but my car is at my buddy's house in North Port, so we aren't to far apart. I wouldn't mind talking to you about some different things you've run into with the engine .  Nice  build !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 7m 13d

It’s going to be a tight fit even if you drop it down. Looks almost 2” to tall and the way the front of the bonnet droops on those could be an issue...

how much room room do you have in the subframes to lower it? 

• Member For: 5y 6m 26d

So the JZA70 chassis has after market sub frame spacers available. So it will drop an inch there, as far as the rest, after looking at he hood for clearance, maybe an inch will be gained from removing the under mat from the hood. as well as some bracing in the framing of the hood. Worst case the vehicle will be a track whore that will be drifted as much as possible. So if a hole needs to be cut in the hood so be it!!

So in some other good news, test fit the new Flywheel and starter setup to make sure everything plays nicely. Now we can finish making the adapter plate and clutch set-up.

g0iGm5K.jpg

rDbuR5N.jpg

KaLudTz.jpg

Side note, yes we know the starter did not disengage, the Bendex itself will be spun off the ring gear once the engine is started.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Update, build isn't dead yet. So the trans adapter to the Nissan CD009 has been completed, trying to test fit this weekend and make sure everything works nicely together.. more updates to come soon!

v3wSIMo.jpg

EQQVJUy.jpg

Vwe7Xik.jpg

Edited by SelectivePC
  • Like 3