Barra build in the U.S.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 5y 6m 25d

Ok tiny update. Finally got my head back from the machine shop today, so reassembly should start sometime next week, when I find time. Just a decking to get rid of some witness marks from shipping directly on a pallet...:pandalol:

ydRygsE.jpg

yALit8L.jpg

Plans are to re-tap the service ports on the head for some NPT fittings, clean thoroughly and then start the reassembly of the head. Again sometime this week, once I find some time.

I also received........thank you again Puffwagon !!!!

He supplied me with the mid/rear sump oil pan I was worried about being able to find, and in a very timely manner as well, for being sent half way across the planet, not a shabby job at all. 

Cb7KWHg.jpg

So time to put the rest of the motor back together and then start some Fab work on the chassis finally, to get it to all fit, should will be way easier now with the rear sump setup. Stay Tuned!!!

• Like 2

Absolutely, lol. That's a hell of plane ticket though.

Also I don't know what you'd be learning lol, I don't know anything about these motors, just learning as I go along. They were never offered here in the States, so theres not really a large following.

Edited by SelectivePC

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1d

Just remember, while you've never worked on one it's still just a engine & normal procedures still apply. It's a massed produced engine so there's not really any thing exotic about it. The only bit of info that's a bit vague is the cam timing but once it's in frount of you it starts to make sense (not like the old pushrod stuff where you just joined the dots) 

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I have built a plethora of RB's and 2JZ's so its pretty simple for me. And not too worried about the VCT stuff either, being its simple to VVTi also. Very excited to get the head back together though, and start assembly of the motor, then fab time for the chassis. :wwww:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Found a little time today too make some progress.

Tapping oil galleys for NPT plugs, and the future oil feed :)

trl1N9B.jpg

K13pAcz.jpg

Started installing new valve stem seals and upgraded crow valve springs

OSKzy4h.jpg

Little by little.

Edited by k31th
fixed pics
  • Like 2

Some progress today on the head. Just need to find the proper torque sequence and specs, for the caps.

With any luck should go back onto the motor sometime this week, and work of bolting it down and getting timing items on and re-timing the motor.

OSKzy4h.jpg

qO67pb4.jpg

Fz2S47L.jpg

4aTwbAC.jpg

Edited by SelectivePC
  • Like 3