BA Xr6t mk2 high fuel consumption and rough idle

Brockstar3000

• Member For: 5y 7m 18d

Hi guys,

I have a 2004 BA XR6 turbo that's had high fuel consumption and rough idle for months now.

I have changed the oxygen sensor, Throttle position sensor and most of the rubber seals on the air intake manifold/ throttle body and turbo. I've also given the throttle body a good clean and reset the ECU/TPS. The car doesn't feel like its gonna stall any more but the idle is still a bit rough. The needle doesn't sit still and fluctuates up and down over about 100/200rpm. The fuel consumption hasn't changed at all. I know the manifold isnt leaking. There has been no noticeable loss of power. 

Here are the symtoms:

- fuel consumption has jumped from 13lt/100km to 17.8lt/100km

- idle was pretty rough. Sometimes stalling at the lights

- while accelerating under load when the car still fully hasn't heated up it feels like the fuel cut off comes on, the car loses power and wont accelerate further until I remove my foot from the accelerator.

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

sounds like either coils or a collapsed cat. just guessing, though, as that sort of thing could be difficult to diagnose.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

Yep, a tuner who's an expert at these cars is your best bet for a quick diagnosis. If you're in Sydney, then you can check out this thread to choose from the quality places around, if necessary. -> https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/82602-recommended-tuner-workshop-new-south-wales/

:Welcome2FordXR6t: