Snowy Cruise 2018 (Friday 23 - Sunday 25 November)

EvilDaifu

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 2m 18d

That particular shift rotation for me keeps me out working nights fri, sat and Sunday. Would love to go on the cruise. It’s great driving up there for sure! Still trying to convince a work colleague to swap shifts with me but usually proves hard to get someone to cover 3 nights over a weekend. Though hasn’t said no yet so maybe comes at a cost of a long weekend or something usually to pay back. 

But at the moment in time nothing concrete.

I can however should that fail be able to pull in and say hello on the way to work at the old train station easily enough.

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

We'll most likely be at a pub at 5pm because that's the way we are :roflmbo:

We'll let you know which pub we all end up at about that time before you head off to night shift on Friday if you are not joining us for the cruise :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

He doesn't really like you guys. He's just coming for the cars and the roads.

Ran into him the other day - all conversation centred on Snowys cruise

Meanwhile I've just added injectors to the list of parts to fit between now and then...

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
55 minutes ago, El Andrew said:

Meanwhile I've just added injectors to the list of parts to fit between now and then...

What are you fitting?

• Gold Donating Members

F6 injectors - rebuilt and flow tested from Pitlane

Basically the target AFRs look good and the car dyno'ed 312kw on factory XR6T injectors. I'm nervous that while the target AFRs are good, there's very little chance they are being achieved.

Plan is to install the injectors and update the injector data in the tune from a factory F6 strategy. Will also chuck my nearly new Walbro in too. Should have the wideband in by next week as well.

Would be interesting to wind out the car and check the full load/ high RPM AFRs vs target at the moment, but could be a risky experiment...

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

You don't need to do wot runs to check the fuel.

You can just load it up in 2nd or 3rd at 4500rpm and check it there and then let it come up to 5000 and check it again. You just gradually apply the brake while slowly bringing it to wot. Second might want to fry the tyres but you might be ok at the 300ish rwkw mark. That's also a good way to check whether the fuel is coming in early enough with the given throttle opening. There's no risk to your motor that way, providing you know what your doing.

Haha you're gonna need to fit your wideband where you can see it and the road at the same time though :P

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members

Nice, thanks - good tips from a road tuner.

Makes sense too. Means I can build up to it and pull the pin if I don't like the look of the AFRs.

Looking forward to data logging with PCMTec so I can overlay commanded with actual. Fuel delivery should be sweet once the injectors are done but nice to have data to be 100% sure.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
4 minutes ago, El Andrew said:

Means I can build up to it and pull the pin if I don't like the look of the AFRs.

Exactly. No need to rush into it at wot and risk it being lean. Bring it there fairly gently then ease into it. Haha that sounds like good advice for the bedroom too! :wwww:

• Like 1