Snowy Cruise 2018 (Friday 23 - Sunday 25 November)

EvilDaifu

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

Thanks k31th :thumbsup:  

Yeah I noticed that as well. The actual mp4 I generated is about 750MB which is bigger than normal.  I used the same process and software as previously - maybe Google (YouTube owners) feeling the pinch and have decided to be a bit more aggressive on processing files to squash them down more for their storage purposes :omg:

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

No observable artifacts (but I'm a bit biased :roflmbo: )   I was thinking maybe I set the frame rate wrong used NTSC instead of PAL for YouTube.  From memory - I usually use PAL which just so happens to have a frame rate of 25 fps which happens to be what I shoot in on the GoPro for the avi/mp4 file output.  

But here's something that interested me - the stark contract between snow and dry in the same month November in the same spot - wow - just goes to show that nature is so volatile in the alpine regions :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

fair dinkum... that comparison is great :) ; aside from the compression artifacts :(  

did you notice any difference between your exported mp4 and the actual YouTube playback?

• Like 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Thanks k31th - yeah its funny how I gravitate the similar footage each year to show case :roflmbo:

I had to look at the two on YouTube itself to pick up any difference.

Anyways - I exported the vid at steady state 25 fps and I think there is marginally less distortion of faster moving scenes in my opinion when posted on YouTube.  The actual mp4 files I don't notice any difference.   

But somehow I prefer Version 1 though - seems to be smoother with the Samsung S8+ vid footage.  So I put it back up in an earlier post :beerchug:

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

Nice work as always Gaz! Thanks for putting in the effort.

Reminded me I was going to get you the links to the leather handbrake and auto shifter boots I got. Leather looks much better than the stock stuff. I got these blue stitch ones to match the XR blue stitching on the seats and door cards, but the seller has other stitching colours too, including black.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F153318790716

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F153310799124

• Like 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Thanks mate - yeah was goin down path of rubbing some leather conditioner into them but hadn't done anything yet cept buy the conditioner (for my work bag actually - Toowoomba is a real cowboy town - bought a genuine Akubra there as well as got my leather bag repaired twice there).

• Like 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Done - bought the set auto and handbrake leather ones with silver stitching (had to double check this afternoon) - both synthetic ones that come with the car were fraying.  Thanks @El Andrew:thumbsup: