Snowy Cruise 2018 (Friday 23 - Sunday 25 November)

EvilDaifu

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 18d

Thanks guys for another fantastic Snowy Cruise :thumbsup:

I forgot to zero my ODO but trip computer estimates my drive to be 20 hrs and 1640km over the 4 days. 

Wow talk about good mates, great cars and awesome roads in almost perfect weather.  Didn't rain really (actually was pretty hot on some days) and we somehow missed all the cycling events (never encountered any but saw them ride through Jindy).

Thanks to k31th for showing the line through the twisties (though we all did a bit of lead car at some stage).  YLD127 for being my cohort in camera footage often allowing me to flash him from the rear ... And El Andrew for being the McGyver of the trip often relating his exploits of changing this and that on his car - at least he got the right bits together in time to make trip.  And congrats on El Andrew and k31th on your new rides and I'm guessing your christening cruise this trip :beerchug:  Also nice to meet k31th's tag along friend!

I'll have some more of my pics up later :thumbsup:

Now for planning Tassie Cruise in March :drivingalong:

• Like 2

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 13d

Ms.Adminihamster says:

Thank you very much for the incredible experience and I look forward to meeting anybody else in the future on these cruises, because Ill-be-back-940x450.jpg

And again, thank you all for making this experience a thoroughly enjoyable one.

• Like 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 29d

That's really cruel 

@EvilDaifu spends 20+ mins lining up all the cars before each shot.

Getting him to do it when the car changes colour depending on the light or the angle - you're an evil genius

You were worried last run on going camping with the kids when you got home - this time there was snow and no care?

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 29d

And happy I wasn't there :P

(usually give Gary 3 time as much video as he recorded)

Next cruise - North Sentinel Island instead of Tassy?

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1d
You were worried last run on going camping with the kids when you got home - this time there was snow and no care?
Haha yeah that was because of the rain forecast. We were going near Khancoban. Forecast for the Saturday was 120mm! Needless to say we didn't go....

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 18d

:roflmbo:

I will see what price they are willing to give it to me for.  If it looks good - maybe we can do some sort of group buy?

I had a play with the DJI Spark today at a Telstra conference - pretty easy to use - it was a bit science fictionary actually - move toggle this way and it rises move this way and moves sideways and it just hangs in the air.  Has about 16 mins battery life and is pretty small that it would be easy to carry in carry-on luggage (because of the LiPo batteries).  Combo kit offers the best value according the Australian distributor.

After washing my car 30 mins after I arrived home yesterday ... found not 2 not 3 but 4 new windscreen cracks thanks to cruise (well thanks to k31th I think cos the ones I remember happened tailing him:drivingalong: )