Snowy Cruise 2018 (Friday 23 - Sunday 25 November)

EvilDaifu

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 3m 25d
Saturday Night 24 November
Lake Jindabyne Hotel (has pub and walk across road for brekky) - We've never tried this place so if anyone has any opinions on it please post up!  I just like how it is close to where main town action is ...

Went here yesterday for work. Looks nice and the restaurant is apparently pretty bloddy good. Right across the road is a small shopping complex and other flash pubs/food options.
Gutted I'm down here for work a few months to early. Fly back to home tomorrow. Cracking roads but. Even a good drive in a truck.
Bonus pick of Lake Jindabyne from yesterday. No snow but cold as6f371ecf4d679d7dc6b68c712e240212.jpg
  • Like 5

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d
19 hours ago, El Andrew said:

Accommodation booked!

If you book on Commercial Hotel Tumut website, current rate is $75. Bargain!

Thanks for the handy hint mate!  Okay all I have to own up to something here.  So never post up whilst drunk, tired or both ... :roflmbo:    I cut and pasted the wrong details but I'm happy to try out this hotel in Tumut as it s like almost half the price of the motel we stayed at last year.   Just don't know what the parking is like at the Commercial Hotel Tumut - says its free and all but not sure how it is layed out.   Guess we'll soon find out in about a month's time !   It does have a pub and if we don't like it - always heaps of other place to have a beer and dinner.

So I have also booked directly on their Commercial Hotel Tumut website (for Friday 23 November) cos $75 including a light breakfast is a no brainer :thumbsup: 

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Thanks mate yep thank farrrk I posted up the right hotel name - the address was wrong I think.  Thanks also bamk2f6tornado for checking it out :thumbsup: 

I just booked direct with Lake Jindabyne Hotel for Saturday 24 November for $125 pn including cooked hot breakfast hash browns and so on - lass on the phone told me there would be parking where our hotel accomodation is located (guess its a popular venue) :beerchug: 

• Like 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Just updated first post about accommodation and cruise list.

CRUISE LIST:
1. @EvilDaifuVIC (4 days - including accommodation)

2. @Rab VIC (? days)

3. @El Andrew ACT (? days - including accommodation)

4. @YLD127 ACT (? days)

Maybes:

1. @k31th VIC (? days)

2. @demon1300 VIC (? days)

3. @SIMBAD NSW (? days)

4. @bad inferno VIC (? days)

Getting close now - any others interested in coming along? :beerchug:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 2m 18d

At this stage I’m still stuck working night shift over that weekend. If worse comes to worse I can still meet you all anytime between 7:00 and 17:30ish where ever in Tumut. 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 2m 18d

Ps. Coles vpower is the most expensive in town at about $1.85

I have been using Mobil 98 which is located at “5 ways”. The last servo in town on the way out along the snowy mountains highway and is priced on average 20c cheaper then shell here.

Also another note: I recommend the surf and turf for dinner from the woolpack hotel. Do yourself a favour and treat yourselves to that. You won’t regret it :wild:

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

We'll probably do a photo opp at the old train station about 5pm or so on Friday depending on arrival times of guys.  Maybe join us for that?

We haven't tried the Woolpack Hotel yet.  It's walking distance from Commercial Hotel (1 block). Are you able to join us for dinner on Friday nite?

Be good if you could join us for the cruise :beerchug: