Rab

FG MK 1, 2, FGX, BA/BF and Territory replacement ICC

I've got a gauge pod in the shed. Will fit it and get a few pics so you can see how they'll sit. Will post it up some time tonight.

From in line with the unit and from drivers view.

Slightly obstructing one of the gauges but not enough to need to make a new pod imo. Might shim the pods up with a few mm of PVC pipe though.

Should have a warning light or alarm setup with the important ones anyway.26e114e46759058a0567dc29db4de479.jpgb2a57654bae0d75c3cc272482bbd4c14.jpg

looks ok, I think I might pull the trigger on one of these in the new year, car is making 420rwkw and I need it to last in Darwin for 3 years. 

Put mine in on the weekend. Not too difficult, the guy is really helpful and responds quickly.

I like the bigger screen, looks ok to me even though it sticks out a bit. Makes it easier to interact with.

The reverse camera does not work yet - he has not decoded the wiring loom on the mk2 for the camera yet. I might try and tap into it myself. Otherwise everything else works. 

Also using Agama interface and have a usb sim for data. Have not got the android auto dongle working yet, need to download something from a dodgy web address onto the unit.

The bluetooth phone interface is diabolically rudimentary. No text messages and no voice control/calling. Will have to find an alternate app...

On 10/8/2018 at 6:48 AM, sixman said:

The bluetooth phone interface is diabolically rudimentary. No text messages and no voice control/calling. Will have to find an alternate app...

Just download the Android Auto app - problem solved.

My guages are on the steering wheel column, so the bigger screen is not an issue for me.

I have android auto, but have set up the new screen to work independently so I dont need to plug the phone in. But yes, android auto is pretty good, not quite as good as CarPlay though.

Yeah, I got it working quite well - happy with it. Found a nice SMS app and got music apps and waze etc. to autostart.

Last thing I gotta figure out is voice control and how to wire the reverse camera up.

Massive step up from the stock system.

Had the utes battery disconnected for a week or so because I pinched it for something else temporarily.
Now have ac issues with the Kayhan unit, have a factory dual zone setup but now the passenger temp buttons are the fan buttons and only the driver's temp buttons work. Fan buttons do nothing.

Can't see how disconnecting the battery would cause this. Will see what's going on this weekend as changing the setting have done nothing.

I think he said in a vid there was a setting for single/dual - have you tried switching that on/off?

Yeah, there is a setup menu in the car settings app.

16 hours ago, espoig said:

What apps are you using @sixman looking at getting one soon

Agama for interface, waze, spotify tunein, Pulse.

You can install any app from the play store

Great news guys.  there is an 8 inch MKii version now.  Thank god because I just ordered my 10 inch version yesterday and I have now changed the order.  You just have to get the MKii upper facia and an MKii top hat.  for me, I'll be getting a Mkii gauge pod from top end audio so my gauges fit.  See his FB  page.  

fg.jpg

fg2.jpg

Yeah I'll be jumping on the MK2 bandwagon. I'll need to get a MK2 fascia as the one I got from ASL Automedia was rubbish? Tried emailing them and heard nothing back!

Anyone know of any in the shadow charcoal colour?