FG MK 1, 2, FGX, BA/BF and Territory replacement ICC

Rab

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 28d

I've got a gauge pod in the shed. Will fit it and get a few pics so you can see how they'll sit. Will post it up some time tonight.

• Like 2

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 28d

From in line with the unit and from drivers view.

Slightly obstructing one of the gauges but not enough to need to make a new pod imo. Might shim the pods up with a few mm of PVC pipe though.

Should have a warning light or alarm setup with the important ones anyway.26e114e46759058a0567dc29db4de479.jpgb2a57654bae0d75c3cc272482bbd4c14.jpg

• Like 4

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 27d

looks ok, I think I might pull the trigger on one of these in the new year, car is making 420rwkw and I need it to last in Darwin for 3 years. 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 7d

Put mine in on the weekend. Not too difficult, the guy is really helpful and responds quickly.

I like the bigger screen, looks ok to me even though it sticks out a bit. Makes it easier to interact with.

The reverse camera does not work yet - he has not decoded the wiring loom on the mk2 for the camera yet. I might try and tap into it myself. Otherwise everything else works. 

Also using Agama interface and have a usb sim for data. Have not got the android auto dongle working yet, need to download something from a dodgy web address onto the unit.

The bluetooth phone interface is diabolically rudimentary. No text messages and no voice control/calling. Will have to find an alternate app...

• Like 1

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 16d
On 10/8/2018 at 6:48 AM, sixman said:

The bluetooth phone interface is diabolically rudimentary. No text messages and no voice control/calling. Will have to find an alternate app...

Just download the Android Auto app - problem solved.

• Donating Members

My guages are on the steering wheel column, so the bigger screen is not an issue for me.

I have android auto, but have set up the new screen to work independently so I dont need to plug the phone in. But yes, android auto is pretty good, not quite as good as CarPlay though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Yeah, I got it working quite well - happy with it. Found a nice SMS app and got music apps and waze etc. to autostart.

Last thing I gotta figure out is voice control and how to wire the reverse camera up.

Massive step up from the stock system.