FG MK 1, 2, FGX, BA/BF and Territory replacement ICC

Rab

• 3 months later...
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

Seems like the v5 has some minor upgrades (8gb RAM instead of 6, HDMI in & out, front aux input instead of rear only) and default inclusions (wireless android auto/wireless apple carplay :shocked:, DAB)  to make it more expensive ($1,495) than the v4 that I've got ($1,195). Personally I'd stick with the v4 as I don't use Android Auto on mine and what kayhan charge for a standard AA/AC dongle that connects to one of the USB ports is a little on the extreme side haha.

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 20d

I got a phone call from KA the other day, must be a marketing firm they'd hired. Basically trying to convince me to upgrade from my v2 to v5. I told them it was in my interests to do so, but on my own terms. Might have struck a trade in deal too so we'll see. But for now, I'll stick with my slow v2 🤣

@Rochefort they are much the same, though with the aerpro one you'll need to source a head unit that is compatible with the climate controls. Don't except the aerpro to be cheaper either, once you add in all harnesses you need and stuff, the prices are pretty much the same. This is the video for the fg models but the ba/bf one is similar I believe

• Member For: 7y 11m 23d
After more research.... I think the A/C controls work on the device itself and it just sends a video signal to the head unit, interesting solution!
Yes it does, I'm waiting on one and a new head unit to turn up.

Im hoping the magnet is strong enough to hold my phone upright so sign recognition will work using the phone camera.

Waiting on a new kenwood head unit with wireless Android auto.

Then it's off for a 14k installation..

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 20d
On 16/12/2022 at 7:43 PM, bossmang said:

I just think the top section for your phone makes it look povo. 

I agree, I really like the mk1 - mk2 FG top hat look. The aerpro makes it look more like a ba-bf but somehow worse? 

Would've gone with theirs if it wasn't for the look of the top hat part!