FG MK 1, 2, FGX, BA/BF and Territory replacement ICC

Rab

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

haha ahh, if it's only minor upgrades (obviously you might not get the RAM, assuming it's non-removable/replaceable), but you might be able to get the brighter screen.

• Member For: 12y 1m 19d

Apparently you can potentially send back just the drive for changeover if you want the instant "on" feature. Somewhere in the vicinity of $150 to do.

The screen brightness and RAM obviously cannot be changed and are arguably the best new features.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

I was just reading the posts on the "pinned" post about the BA/BF units. Their first stock will be arriving on 20th Jan, they reckon, and half of the ordered stock has already been bought!

Since we're waiting for 20th Jan, us BA/BF plebs, you'd assume they're including these "fixes" that demon mentioned.

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 5d

Ok Installed mine over the weekend.  My Car is MKi but I got the Mkii version.  I sourced a MKii facia and top hat.  it looks schmicko !!!.  The install was difficult because of the model versions.  I spent about 2 hours stuffing around with the brackets to get it to fit.  I basically had to redrill some holes where the DVD player mounts of the side brackets and then cut up the LCD bracket and drill new holes for that to fit too.  I got there in the end and the fit is perfect.  I'll do up a video or a write up on the install eventually when I have time.

The install was on a Sunday and the Kayhan guy was giving me very fast replies over FB messenger.  His communication is second to none. 

Another complication was that there was no RCA reversing video cable in the pack.  So I had to make one out of some RCA stereo cables.  This took a while to workout because if you watch his video it appears the RCA cable he has, has 4 internal wires when it doesn't.  its just red, black and yellow.  the red actually exits the cable just prior to the RCA plug as th reverse power trigger.  The coloring on the wires for my reversing camera were also different to his video.  mine were red Black Brown and light green.  I took a guess that the light green was the video (usually yellow) and that was correct. 

Another thing to note is that the system didn't connect to my OEM mic (despite what his video says) I had to use the supplied mic.

Tonight I need to mount the mic, tidy the phone cable and soldier in a 5v cable for the amp into the red wire for the mic.  This will activate the OEM sub.  He has a new video up on how to do this.  I just pulled the pins out of one of the Aux-out plugs and pushed them into the correct pin holes for the premium sound sub and then connected that to the sub wire. 

Apple car play works well.  its awesome having siri on command.  so far the buttons seem to work well with the steering wheel and other buttons.  Now I just need to fork out $450 for an MKii triple pod mount for the lid. 

• Like 4

• Member For: 5y 1m 19d

Really interested in this thread.

Have a Ford Territory SZ MkI. Tried to purchase from Carbon systems in Sydney. Purchased on their website 3/2/2019. By Wednesday no AusPost tracking number. Apparently stock recalled to Kayhan for firmware fixes. Stock apparently imminent but nothing by Friday. So cancelled the order.

Still interested but sounds like the units are still a work in progress. "Norrs" thank you for your review, and would like further feedback as you experience your installation.

May wait until ordering. So glad I found this forum.

• Like 1

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d

Might be worth pointing out there's a thread over on afford about the Kayhan kits.

Seems pretty much the same but one fella had good success with an aftermarket Sony mic that he fitted in the factory mic location.

Supposedly only a $15 part so I'll be having a look on eBay.

• Like 1