FG MK 1, 2, FGX, BA/BF and Territory replacement ICC

Rab

• Member For: 12y 1m 19d

Good feedback Rab, pulled the trigger on the MK2 unit for my F6, to replace the sh*tty MK1 piano key unit. Going to pick up the unit tomorrow and have asked them to customise the boot logo to be the FPV version.

Here's hoping it's all well and good and that I don't have any of the speaker feedback that's been talked about. I believe retro fitting the MK2 unit into the MK1 is ok, but fitting the MK2 to a MK2 can have some issues...

Could you like the exact OBD2 dongle you used?

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 6d
2 hours ago, demon1300 said:

Good feedback Rab, pulled the trigger on the MK2 unit for my F6, to replace the sh*tty MK1 piano key unit. Going to pick up the unit tomorrow and have asked them to customise the boot logo to be the FPV version.

Here's hoping it's all well and good and that I don't have any of the speaker feedback that's been talked about. I believe retro fitting the MK2 unit into the MK1 is ok, but fitting the MK2 to a MK2 can have some issues...

Could you like the exact OBD2 dongle you used?

Hold on, dont do it.

Apparently they are upgrading the Ford screens to the same super speedy ones they use in the VE (2 second boot time) in January. Dont buy the current (now obsolete) version.

Ohhhh really!?

When I first contacted them, they said they only had 33 units left of the MK2 unit and that they wouldn't be getting more until July 2019. I asked specifically if they would be a different spec and they said no, they'd be exactly the same...

Any source for your info?

Edit - just remember that the MK2 unit is vastly superior in spec to the MK1 unit already...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 6d

Screen function is identical between the smaller and larger screens. The larger screen has an inbuilt mic which can be an advantage.

Someone on AFF mentioned the upgraded units.

Look at the video of the VE units. None of the fg units boot or work that fast regardless of screen size

Edited by sixman

Spoke with them today when I went to pick up the unit.

There is def a new unit coming early Jan which has what he described as almost a super cap that keeps power to the device for 48hrs so the boot is instant.

Apparently it has more RAM, and a slightly brighter screen by around 10%

He kindly let me exchange my order for one of the new units!

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d
This is annoying.
I want a new one now.

Update on mine anyway.
Bluetooth mic is pretty average, need to speak loudly towards it to let anyone hear you.

Lags more than anyone has mentioned.
Boot is slow.
Os is locked so you can't remove the bloatware sort of apps on it.

Once it's going though it's good, usually using Spotify and Google maps. Sound is better quality aswell.

It's better than the stock setup but theres still room for improvement.
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 6d

Noooo... my mkii unit is still unpacked in the parcel. Today I Finally got my hands on a mkii icc cover to install it and now I hear there is a better version. Noooo!!

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

I'm sure if it's an original unit that hasn't been touched, they'll allow you to swap it. Just send 'em a message. I wonder if the same thing is occurring with BA/BF units :idunno:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 6d

I literally haven't touched the parcel since it arrived. But I'd feel sorry for the guy if everyone is returning units and he gets stuck with a bunch of old ones. I already got him to change my order from mki to mkii after I had ordered it