FG MK 1, 2, FGX, BA/BF and Territory replacement ICC

Rab

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 2m

Yeah, I think the head units/screens are pretty much all they do.

Lots of vehicle brands listed, but only a few actual products/cars covered.

Would be better if it just showed what they do have rather than everything else.

To be honest, I didn't even know they had a website til last week - was just going off their FB posts and messages I'd sent them.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 15d
33 minutes ago, Rab said:

Click on the actual model you're after and scroll down

Ahh, in my 2 minute browse of their website I didn't click on the actual item when it had the "add to cart" button underneath... my bad.

Looks like I have my list of things to justify whether it's worthwhile to purchase one :)

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

Woohoo

Going into reverse no longer mutes the radio :D

Unit takes a while to boot up, but the reverse cam is instant regardless, doesn't need android to fully load which is a relief.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 15d

Looks like a good reason to get a reverse cam, dash cam, front camera and maybe DAB+ haha (Android Auto or Apple CarPlay is just a lame attempt at their Android OS that already exists)... have almost talked myself into it...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 3d

Mine should arrive today. Though some numbnut wrecker appears to have sent me a MKI ICC cover not MKII even though I double checked with him.  So my install will be delayed.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

Bugger - that sucks.

Definitely contact the guys if you have any trouble installing - am glad I got it done for me - James had to look up a few pinouts etc while he was doing the wiring so he may have a couple of "cheat sheets" he can send you if needed.

• Like 1

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 12d

I love the idea of these kind of units. I've tried to justify the cost of something similar in my Honda for ages, as the Alpine unit I installed when I bought the car has outdated maps, no ability to read my messages to me and the touch screen is average. But I've recently started using the Android Auto standalone app on my phone (which I put in a holder on my dash) and it gives me all the functionality that I'd want in a new HU but without having to spend any money...winning! The voice control can be a little hit and miss and make for some odd texts sent at times...but overall it's miles better than what I was doing before.

Edit: got sidetracked and forgot to add the bit about the fact I'm glad these units seem to be working out great for you guys, as they look a whole lot better than the stock stuff and definitely add some much needed modern infotainment features!

Edited by .Stripes.