FG MK 1, 2, FGX, BA/BF and Territory replacement ICC

Rab

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

Yep, I have the same poxy one... but I don't care about the 6-stacker-CD and colour screen BS that the "upgraded" one did, in that model, so it's not poxy to me, specifically, so I don't mind keeping it and chucking my HU in like I did in the last car.

$900 buys a lot of $60 steaks... it doesn't buy me much in terms of actually used functionality... :idunno:

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

fair dinkum. Only some quality cuts of steak are in that half of cow, too :P

The HU is not amazing in terms of looks, but had all of the options to go to two amps, one for my sub and one for my speakers and enough customizability to make my music super loud and clear - it suited a purpose. https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/80918-what-did-you-do-to-your-car-today/?do=findComment&comment=1643896

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 6d

Just looked at their facebook page. Geez they move a lot of units - looks like well over 700 allready for the FG, and then look how many other vehicles they supply for.

I am going to guess at most a couple hundred dollars in parts for each kit, buying in bulk maybe much cheaper.

that's a lot of money, more than most workshops and car audio places would be making.

Genius level business skills here!

The thing is the kit is actually really good and they provide good support.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

Yep, once they'd sorted out the tooling to make the facscia's, then tooled up the equipment and/or purchasing, you'd expect it to be a good little earner. Good on 'em. I've seen heaps (not really heaps, but you get the idea) of people over the years attempt to make their own fascia's out of fibreglass or something like that and they never end up looking as slick as these have come out.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

He said yesterday that the MKII unit came about due to Autobahn?? ordering 70 units, so he's doing something right.

From what I can gather the units are Allwinner T3 head units with DVD (at least the MKII one is) - similar seem to be about $US300+ on Alliexpress and probably don't need the customisation the Aussie Ford ones do, so it's pretty impressive AFAIK.

I was following ASL Media for ages, hoping they'd bring out an upgrade, but nothing came out for the FG II's (they said it wasn't possible)

Never looked at upgrading my audio system due to the limits of the ICC, but the new inbuilt amp and RCA outs will mean I'll have another expense in the future :S

To me, the BA/BF system seems to be a no brainer - adds GPS, reverse cam, bluetooth, phone connections, multimedia etc - no more getting into mums new Corolla and being jealous of her infotainment unit :P

(I'm honestly not on the payroll for them lol) 

edit: connects fine to my dashcams, will try the GoPros if I get a chance today. Will try some other launchers too - nothing wrong with the one that comes with it, but customisation options are calling. Still struggling getting the OBDLink MX unit to work - seems to have compatibility issues with some BT modules - have ordered an ELM327 to try.

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

It's weird that their main website (kayhan) doesn't have a huge writeup on the "cool features" you get... just the store, basically... cbf going over all of their FB posts to find this information out. Surely they should have some sort of PDF, at minimum, that explains their product's features attached to every single item in their store...

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d
6 minutes ago, k31th said:

It's weird that their main website (kayhan) doesn't have a huge writeup on the "cool features" you get... just the store, basically

Click on the actual model you're after and scroll down

http://kayhanaudio.com.au/product/for-ford-ba-bf-territory-screen-size-9-6/

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

The website is a bit turkled. There aren't any options to purchase accessories apart from on the link you provided. If you click on the accessories link it just redirects back to the unit.