Rab

FG MK 1, 2 and FGX replacement ICC

Just popped up on my facebook.

Replacement ICC for the FG's (in the comments he says both MK's of the FG and also the FGX)

Have been looking for options to upgrade the audio in mine - this may come close.

Will wait for some reviews from around, but could be a goer with the SatNav, android and more powerful AMP etc

Anyone else heard of this or "Kayhan Audio"?

Looks good, kinda screws my plan for mounting gauges ontop of the ICC though. Maybe they do a smaller screen?

Anyone with FB able to get more info on them? If it's Sydney based I'll hit them up this week.

On 8/26/2018 at 10:03 PM, OZYWALKER said:

Anyone with FB able to get more info on them? If it's Sydney based I'll hit them up this week.

Comments say Sunshine and Narree Warren in Vic.

Their website is an "under construction" one http://www.kayhanaudio.com.au/

Could be interesting - 1st product of teh sort I've seen that works with the FG MK2 or later

Will see what they say tomorrow if I can get a hold of them, looks like a good bit of kit.

Wonder how it goes with dual zone and factory reverse cameras?

11 minutes ago, OZYWALKER said:

kinda screws my plan for mounting gauges ontop of the ICC though

I'd be keen to run some OBDII software/guages on it. Wonder if integration to the OBDII port would be an option or something we'd need to bodge up ourselves.

I've already got the triple pod and pillar mounts waiting to fit lol.
I'll stick with them unless the fancy tablet is as good as it looks.

The only thing that's stopped me going fg2 ICC is the climate control issue, of this goes with no issue I'm keen, price is on point too with the fg2 conversion. My main interest it USB and Bluetooth streaming.
Pretty sh*tty using the old 4s over my phone's wifi hotspot just to keep steering wheel control for the long trips.

Then add an amp and speakers later on. Could be a good option.

Wow, this looks great.

If it can do apple carplay and android auto, has a audio line out or digital out for amps etc, and has obd2 inputs for digital gauge display - brings upto current standards.

49 minutes ago, sixman said:

If it can do apple carplay and android auto

That would be great. The inbuilt screen/software looks decent and the android apps are a huge plus, but the proper support would be fantastic.

has a audio line out or digital out for amps etc

Would be interested in this too - would like to see what the inbuilt amp options are. Looks like it's already a step above the "premium" ones on the XR6T's, but further mod ability would be great.

and has obd2 inputs for digital gauge display

Are there any obd2 options for android other than via bluetooth?

Hopefully their website gets up and some test dummies give the unit a go so we can hear some reviews on how it goes integrating with the turbo's.

Something like PCMTEC @DarrylC @rollex integration/display would be fantastic - not sure if android is an option for them though?

edit: have sent a message to the guy, hopefully he can jump into the thread and answer some of our queries.

Facebook is probably fine for most, but it gets a bit hard to filter the comments for the proper info.

Couple of responses from old mate:

"Hi matey.

Support single zone and dual zone climate.

Does not support factory camera in a plug and play style must customise the camera cables to make it work.

2 channel RCA out for amps.

Apple car play and android auto can be added with an extra $150"

Missed asking the OBDII question (asked the apple car play one twice) - will let you know if he gets back to me

hmmmmm - maybe a potential Group Buy ;)

Oh WOW - did not expect this to be honest - definitely got my attention

"We are working on OBD reader and will give you the result by Friday this week."

His videos are very open and it seems to intergrate very well

Even talks to the dash cluster as well

It Upgrades the cd player to DVD as well

He seems to do alot of other cars and feedback appears to be good as well

Im very interestedef0aec4aa89370b888a20a3e99bb0589.jpga511c46326823538c13a2434411f487a.jpg7e48834c2a5318c1bdfac8b1c49c9c81.jpg

Definitely got the potential there to be my next car item.

Am tipping we'd also be able to use other Android Sat Nav programs with it as well - phone would finally be able to be taken off the dash mount.

Anyone know if the Android car units have access to the full apps from the Playstore?

Or is it likely to be locked down to basic/designated apps like Android TV is?

Looking better and better:

"another Q?

Does the unit allow playstore apps to run on it?

e.g. - Tom Tom Sat Nav, Harry's Lap Timer etc"

Yes it does. No problems anytime

I've got a fast GPS unit - can pair it with the phone for trackdays etc and run Harry's, but is a PITA to juggle everything.

Pairing the unit with the screen would be brilliant, especially if it'll accept the OBDII data as well.

A proper upgradeable android tablet opens up all kinds of options.

Interesting that they upgraded the cd player to a dvd player in the car - this must be at extra cost. With an android tablet you could stream content anyway - obviously illegal (stupid and dangerous as well) to do so while driving.

Internet radio though! No more dodgy falcon fm reception.

Stupid me - I upgraded my screen to an FPV one about 5 years ago to get sat nav. Then put in an aftermarket sony double din headunit down the bottom as wanted better sound quality and wanted to use android auto. This makes it all redundant and much simpler as well. Wonder if it would be cheaper without the integrated sat nav? You could just use google maps or waze - both of which are significantly better than the FORD sat nav.

The price $895 is for the whole ICC unit

Dvd doesnt say any thing extra

He is obviously using ICC from wrecked cars

So who knows how many he will be doing, no mention of exchanging your removed ICC either

My old iPhone I used to play stotify in the ute died so I've ordered one of the kayhan units today.

From the sounds of it you retain your fascia and most of the base, the cd player and upper section are replaced. Got their reversing camera too, apparently better quality, plug n play and it was only $40 extra.

Will get a few pics of the install when it shows up.

Awesome.

Was meaning to follow up/order one, but family stuff and NZ cruise stopped me.

Looking forward to your thoughts. 

Oh WOW - did not expect this to be honest - definitely got my attention

"We are working on OBD reader and will give you the result by Friday this week."
I'm expecting my unit to show up early next week. Didn't ask about the obd connection when I ordered it as I was going to use a top mounted gauge pod.

Did you end up getting an answer from him?
They have recently put up pics of it with top mounted gauges and it doesn't look right, screen sits too high to clearly see them.
It would be great if they could be incorporated into the system.

Nah, sorry - had a family thing happen and the cruise, so havent been doing much of anything.

He's pretty quick on responding through FB if you wanted to chase him up.