Benefits of being a member of FordXR6Turbo.com

Benefits of being a member of FordXR6Turbo.com  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What benefits of being a member would you like to have access to?

• Discounted parts and services
    • Early access to new offerings by vendors
    • Exclusive access to people who are at the top of their game in the tuning and development of the Barra
    • Paying for content you already have access to
    • Extra content areas for XR6T-related discussion
    • More social events
    • Everything is fine, shut up

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/08/18 at 01:59 PM

• Member For: 7y 1m 24d

I'd like to see what people's motivation is for being a member of the forum. I think it will help the owner rationalise the strategic direction of the site in the coming months.

It would be an absolute shame to see the forum go the way of the dodo bird, as I'm sure we can all agree there is an unprecedented wealth of information inside its walls.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

I have a lot of friends on this forum and I have a lot of technical knowledge I can contribute. I input more than I get out, BUT I enjoy the banter with members..

Its a social thing for me..

I DONT do facebook.

Edited by arronm
  • Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

It's pretty much the same for me. I just like to log in and talk about whatever.

I also realise that a workshop has to charge people to do what we can do here for free to an extent, so I try to steer people towards a solution when and if I can.

• Member For: 6y 23d

I don't post much but I read the forum constantly. I'm just trying to find out more about my car and its potential (mostly technical mods, or guides how to fix stuff). Things are documented so clearly, like guides to take out the dash etc. You can't find that sort of info on FB!

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

"Discounted parts and services" & "Early access to new offerings by vendors" & "Exclusive access to people who are at the top of their game in the tuning and development of the Barra" -

these are impossible without paying advertisers having an agreement formed, so these should not be options. We are unlikely to have people at the top of their game actively contributing because they're too busy being the best at their area.

"Paying for content you already have access to" -

since only the donating members section follows this model and there's no actual plans to make people pay for anything else here, it seems like a moot point to include this option. 

"Extra content areas for XR6T-related discussion" - 

Basically this is the whole site and not really 'extra' to anything other than the other corners of the internet.

"More social events" -  

the only pertinent option in this list as it's something that used to happen a lot more than it used to.

"Everything is fine, shut up" - claiming people who like the status quo don't want to hear other's opinions is alienating in itself, so this is also a bad option. 

#solidpollissolid