Ford vs audi, my thought

mike0819

• Member For: 10y 4m 3d

Previous owner of an tuned 320rkw xr6 turbo, now I drive an stage 2 tuned audi a7 3.0 tfsi superchager. 

What I miss from the Ford is that low end torque, something audi is missing, it might be stronger in the rs7 model, but compared to the v6 supercharged, even the audi is stage 2 tuned, it just missing that torque feeling of the inline 6.

Everything else the audi is better, handling, traction, interior, and the s tronic 7 speed dual clutch. 

But that xr6 turbo engine is surely something be missed, I reckon a good set up of that inline 6 can hang with most top euro cars, including the audi twin turbo v8. 

And to all the following members, our xr6 turbo is getting older and older, nothing last forever, what is your next car? Sadly I do not see much choice on big 4 door sedan except euro car. I choose audi cause 4wd, it will be a killer combo if the audi quotro awd match with the xr6 turbo engine, best of both worlds 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

Haha nice comparison... Thinking about doing the engine swap? Now that'd be a ridiculous amount of work.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

I have seriously been contemplating the RS4. My brother got one second hand recently.

Nice clean car and it has grunt. takes off well, but does not have that "butt" Dyno feel to it.

The RS6 with the lambo engine would be sweet I think, but they go for 70k second hand.

I can't afford that.

• Like 1

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 12d

until something major breaks- then see what youd rather have...

theres a reason some on here have seriously considered going the (ridiculously) relatively cheap second hand bmw M series, merc amg's etc. but ended up steering clear. 

even relatively simple consumables (brakes for example) will hit you hard, and if an engine pops- will send you broke.

better cars? absolutely. but the performance the barra turbos bring for a pittance are what keeps bringing people to the ford camp....

Edited by Panda Eyes
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 7m 26d

Yea they are the bees knees, my brother in law has a 2016 RS4, And had a RS6 before that. Has to be a wagon though, There is just something cooler about a fast wagon.

• Member For: 10y 4m 3d
On 27/08/2018 at 9:29 PM, Panda Eyes said:

until something major breaks- then see what youd rather have...

theres a reason some on here have seriously considered going the (ridiculously) relatively cheap second hand bmw M series, merc amg's etc. but ended up steering clear. 

even relatively simple consumables (brakes for example) will hit you hard, and if an engine pops- will send you broke.

better cars? absolutely. but the performance the barra turbos bring for a pittance are what keeps bringing people to the ford camp....

Mate I feel you, sometime when I. M driving the audi, I miss my falcon so much, I miss that turbo rush, the torque, the noise. 

The audi is a nice car, 3.0 tfsi I got stage 2 tune making about 450hp. Straight line performance is good, response is good, but the twisty road, audi Don. T handle too well, I got aftermarket Swaybar and Michilen tyres, but will not match my falcon around track. 

What I really miss is that huge boosting punch from that inline 6, and the blow out noise. 

Man I feel like I made wrong decision give up my falcon really. That 3.0 tfsi is no match to the inline 6. I just Don. T like supercharged engine, the 7 speed s tronic is very rough shifting around town, only Pro for audi is when raining, u can still have full grip

Until my next car rs7 is ready, hope audi don't disappoint. 

• Member For: 10y 25d

Interesting reading guys,

I have been contaminating a suitable replacement, but keep coming back to the great value robust good torque  4ltr turbo XR6T.

Sure the handling is not be as good the Audi 4WD, AMGs or BMW, but the $$$ will surely get you across in all aspects.

So happy to stay with the XRT until something better comes along that ticks all the boxes for me. I did like the C63 AMG for a while there.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

ohh I still like the E63 and C63 second hand, but I am not sure I would be able to afford the ongoing costs like servicing cost, insurance, rego and tires.... especially tires.