BA Fairlane Turbo!

skotty

• Turbo Dad Chicken
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 3m 18d

Replacing valve guide seals doesn't do anything for valve stem width and valve guide wear. If it's blowing smoke on start up the head could still be worn.

Haha would have to measure the exact amount but at a guess it's about a litre.

It could well be burning it from the rear breather. Have you got a catch can in there? Sorry it's dinner, on mobile and cbf re reading the thread :snack:

• Member For: 8y 4m 4d

Initially they were done thinking it was a valve stem seal issue that was causing problems..

Burning from the rear breather? I replaced the rear PVC a few weeks ago when I put the FG turbo hoses on.. No catch can - just a stock..

If ya dont mind maybe some time when ya free would ya shot me a inbox maybe with ya digits and have a quick chat, prob easier than over a forum.. This thing really does wreck the passion!

• Turbo Dad Chicken
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 3m 18d

Yeah man I'll pm you when the beer is flowing less freely.

When you get more power it sends more oil to the back of the head, and will burn it on decel, straight after a wot run, cos of the high vacuum at that point of the drive cycle.

The crappy part living 500km from my tuner is, if I could I'd drop it off to them to do a leak down test on and some investigation.. I dont know what kit to buy and would rather just pay them for their experience and knowing how to read/understand results and dig deeper.. This sh*t issue really does take enjoyment out of the car.. The fact its still smokey on startups im banking on something up top is fuky but who knows at this point in time I spouse... I mean if I was my VF I would write it off as "ahh LS things ya get that!" lol.

• 5 months later...

Still got this car.. Still having issues with it.. Or I might shut the roller door and forget I own it for another 6 months.. Thinking about taking it to a tuner that's in the same state as me, since to get the tunes touched up alone is $1700ish and I've already laid out 2500 at the same shop when it was originally tuned with the xcal.. Thinking about getting PCMtec software and seeing what it's all about, then on the other hand I don't want to break it lol.. 

my AFR's at full noise and currently at 10.0-10.4 so a couple of people are suggesting if that's got anything do with my oiling issue and and its washing bores.. 

Sold my VF calais V8 so now I wanna get this car sorted 110%