BA Fairlane Turbo!

skotty

• Member For: 10y 2m 14d

Yeah I did that. Spoke to my tuner, I can either send the cam bridge over to melbourne and they'll sort it or a local engineer said he can give it a go.. being they are line bored to the head and you can't replace them I might just send it over to BPRD and let them sort it out they said they've seen it a couple of times and have had success with it.. A few mates have said they've got them out with easy outs, but I dont think I wanna try myself as I'm pretty sh*t with a drill and always end up on the piss 😒

bolt.jpg

bolt1.jpg

Edited by skotty

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d
1 hour ago, skotty said:

send it over to BPRD and let them sort it out they said they've seen it a couple of times and have had success with it.

Sounds like the thing to do.

• Like 1

Thought before I'd send my cam cap to BluePower that I'd see what a local engine builder thought about it, left it with him went back a bit later and he got it out for $30 so I thought that was a win.. Got all new replacement rocker cover bolts from Ford, I figure if I snapped 1 the others are probably going to be hit and miss..

I do know there is a helicoil in one of my rocker cover bolts so I am thinking that I might wipe the thread locker off the new bolts just to play it safe incase it has to come out again down the track. Should see the car going on the weekend now so happy days! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I think I have had a win and nailed the cars issue with the missfire.. Intank fuel pump seems of of been sh*tty.. I guess that checks out as when my old car (with the same intank pump, but different surge) was tuned by a Adelaide workshop it started to lean out uptop on 98 then it cleared its throat came good and never nailed why it had a lean out on 98.. Then when Bluepower tuned it on e85 they ran into a lean issue where it should of been fine still (at 413rwk) and they tried a couple of sets of injectors and a different surge tank setup (I run a plazzy setup with a peirburg pump - they tried with 044 pumps).. Anyway overtime the car got hard to start and I though the surge pump was rooted after 12,000kms by passed it and ran it off just the intank and it started like it should.. then it started and would miss after 10 seconds, tried a mates fuel pump assembly and whalla was all good again.. So who knows maybe the issues both tuners had was the intank pump was struggling to keep up with the surge? I dunno I'm no tuner.. Anyways So I replaced the intank which was a walbro 255lph pump with a walbro 250lpg as they are apparently e85 compatible and the 255 isnt? Only issue I noted when I ran the car off just the 250 was it was hard to start; had a 4ish second crank time but then I read that the 250 doesn't have a check valve to that explains why there.. Hooked the surge back up and it seems to be starting and behaving like it should of the whole time.. 

Walbro 250lpg left, and 255lph right

20210625-151319.jpg

Anyways never actually posted good pics of the car, so here goes - finally clean and ready to be registered after being off the road since mid november 2020. Pretty keen to put some kms on her and get it in the shop for a retune, thinking of going PCMTEC and making the best of what it has, as I already have a innovate motorsport ECB-1 gauge which can be used with PCMTEC for E85%... Currently its a dinosaur and still xcal3 tuned!

20210627-170121.jpg

20210627-170657.jpg

20210627-170718.jpg

20210627-171059.jpg

Edited by skotty
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Had bearings in the diff let go so sent it off to Melbourne for a freshen up, and it came back with a eaton trutrac fitted while it was apart. Happy days there..

Thinking about taking it roll racing at the bend next month, any blokes from here head out there?

• Like 1

Roll Racing ticket sorted... Now I hope I dont brake it as its a long walk home at 10pm! (330kms) Now we have e85 where I live I'll have to figure out either driving the whole way there on e85 (and use almost a full tank lol) or if I just leave with under half a tank of 98 and change over when it runs out on the way. Either way pretty keen to do something with the car this year since I havent been able to get over to heathote in 2 years