SIMBADS TREAD

SIMBAD

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 22d

Use these LED bulbs they are bright and dimmable .  Get incandescent gauges and fit these bulbs.  Boost, oil pressure and water temp are good option. 

Sports  comp look good. 

https://aerpro.com/sites/default/files/product_images/T10PL1W.jpg

Edited by arronm
  • Thanks 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 7d

Im pretty sure that’s the difference between the sport comp and sport comp2 gauges. There’s no difference in price. Just the 2s use led illumination. I think I was leaning towards the normal sport comps as they had metric measurement for temperature and full sweep where as the 2s was in Fahrenheit. I’ll have to dig deeper again on their website using a computer rather then the phone. Website plays up a bit on the phone and won’t load.

Interested on your thoughts on using water temp? Is the factory gauge not reliable? Didn’t think they’d be like the old toyotas where they’d be reading normal from cold to running temp, then up to a point when getting pushed would then, when getting hotter would just shoot up into the red once a certain temp was reached? no longer giving movement in the dial to actually know how hot was too hot before boiling out?

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 24d

We're doing the Snowies Cruise in a couple of weeks - Fri night in Tumut if keen for the run or to catch up with us

• Like 1

• Donating Members

I’d love to be able to go on the run and meet you blokes but unfortunately I am rostered on to work night shifts that weekend. Depending on what time you guys roll in I might be able to catch you for a little bit before I’ll need to take off and get ready to leave for work at 6pm

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 22d
6 hours ago, SIMBAD said:

Im pretty sure that’s the difference between the sport comp and sport comp2 gauges. There’s no difference in price. Just the 2s use led illumination. I think I was leaning towards the normal sport comps as they had metric measurement for temperature and full sweep where as the 2s was in Fahrenheit. I’ll have to dig deeper again on their website using a computer rather then the phone. Website plays up a bit on the phone and won’t load.

Interested on your thoughts on using water temp? Is the factory gauge not reliable? Didn’t think they’d be like the old toyotas where they’d be reading normal from cold to running temp, then up to a point when getting pushed would then, when getting hotter would just shoot up into the red once a certain temp was reached? no longer giving movement in the dial to actually know how hot was too hot before boiling out?

Maybe get these gauges. They have warning and peak recall 

Gauges are pretty useless if you aren't looking at them when the issue occurs. I have automater carbon.  

The temp gauge in Barra measures heat temp so useless.

https://www.topendaudio.com/ford_gauges.php

• Donating Members

I did look at those as the gauge holder is a top end audio product. Though when I dug deeper researching and looking for reviews I did find a few people having issues with them not working as they should.

peak recall is a nice feature but if the car lunches itself the peak recall isn’t going to stop it from happening anyway. 

I think the prosport ones do similar and you can adjust the high limits so the led light/chaser lights will change colour when breaching high limit from say white to amber or red.

I think I still favour the sport comp(2) and pro comp ultra lights at the moment