SIMBADS TREAD

SIMBAD

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

If you had to flow test injector dynamics you may as well just buy raw bosch, flow test them at various voltages and pw, then trim them in the tune.

With id's you're paying for a custom designed and made, flow and latency matched injector and the price reflects that. The specs, various calculators and spreadsheets are available through the id website.

Warranties are good and all but are not really a huge consideration when buying performance car parts imho.

It's always a risk buying second hand stuff but if they're good then it's a good deal and if they need cleaning or are stuffed then it's wasted money.

Edited by Puffwagon
a word or 2
  • Like 2

• Member For: 5y 11m 22d

Wouldn't you be better off buying new injectors thru your tuner when he tunes it? Shouldn't be much difference in price if buying new yourself. You'll pay a little more thru the tuner usually, but then they're using an injector they prefer to tune with and if any issues they'll sort it out.

You'd have to get tuner to fit them anyway unless you planned to get your car towed there after fitting yourself, which is more cost involved and probably end up costing the same in the end? 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

I wouldnt buy used injectors but that's me. you save money buying used then get to brand new prices once you get them cleaned a flow tested again. basically pointless. 

I also bought the same cat years n years ago, only just recently sold it with my 4inch xforce. dam good quality cat. 

• Thanks 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 2m 17d

I used a smaller pair of them about 7 years ago on my GT-P and can’t fault them. 

When I found this one for the price brand new I was cheering! Was less then half the price from sureflo them selves for that same size. Have no doubts about it anyways

16 hours ago, Renton said:

Wouldn't you be better off buying new injectors thru your tuner when he tunes it? Shouldn't be much difference in price if buying new yourself. You'll pay a little more thru the tuner usually, but then they're using an injector they prefer to tune with and if any issues they'll sort it out.

You'd have to get tuner to fit them anyway unless you planned to get your car towed there after fitting yourself, which is more cost involved and probably end up costing the same in the end? 

Yeah I’d think so. There’s a newer version out now anyways I think I will probably use. The 1050x. Thinking ill go to pitlane which is about 5 hours away. And yeah heavy trailer behind the petrol prado will probably drink any savings away in fuel

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1d

Perhaps you should look at even bigger injectors if your thinking of trying E85 down the track Talk to your tuner to see what they suggest. There should be no reason why they can't get the bigger injectors to behave perfectly ( I say this because this is where I'm at, changing stuff for even bigger stuff! )

• Like 1

• Donating Members

I’m pretty set on going to pitlane so I’ll discuss with mick as we get on. Injectors and tune using pcmtech it seems with the brief conversation I’ve already had with him.

• Donating Members

Had a bit of time yesterday evening and today so started on the brembos. Had a mate sand blast them and coated with the calliper paint kit I purchased from bcs paints.

Turned out nothing like the paint chip but I still don’t mind the colour. Definitely not going to stand out with a lot of pop like I was kind of expecting but maybe not such a bad thing either..

Heres some pics of the progress:

40w8cbZ.jpg

b6hdCRH.jpg

SW7SZeW.jpg

First coat of silver base:

eTEp38j.jpg

eaE8xFs.jpg

g5A9zp7.jpg

oesdTUr.jpg

hE2lany.jpg

Then I let it sit over night and plugged away at it further over various parts of today waiting for layers to dry in out 25+ degree day today:

251qWEB.jpg

9P1sCyJ.jpg

Then masked up for the brembo stencils:

Nn7rTaN.jpg

8KDs6Mz.jpg

Waited about 10 mins after the last hit of black and peeled off the stencil:

sxkxjaC.jpg

And then it was on to the final step of clear:

CQH39Ic.jpg

0jN9C6L.jpg

Then mounting to the car which is pretty straight forward after giving plenty of time to dry:

mcLWNl3.jpg

mFBKjKv.jpg

1oTeU6B.jpg

rxqGr6i.jpg

8IYH9BE.jpg

Keen to see how they look in the daylight. Also due to give the car a wash and light detail and coat of wax hopefully tomorrow if I get off work early.

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Are the 6boost manifolds the same for b series through to fg?

my brother is keen to change his set up on his fg f6 and use the pro mod manifold with BorgWarner 400sxe.

so that leaves me open to his manifold and BW s366 turbo for cheap

• Like 1