SIMBADS TREAD

SIMBAD

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 2m 17d

I have pieced together a exhaust already.

Ive a used 4” nizpro dump,new 4” ballistic cat with 5” body 100 cell and a used mild steel 3.5” xforce. I’m somwhere around $900 without all gaskets and need flanges for the cat.

I might try put some time in this week to fit the new diff bushes and while the car is jacked up on stands I could install the cat back exhaust for the moment. I would do the full exhaust but have read numerous times it’s not wise unless I’m ready for a tune which is some time away yet. Or would I get away with fitting the dump pipe but still using the standard cat as some form of restriction in the exhaust?

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

The standard wastegate setup isn't great so it'll overboost if you floor it. 

You can install the lot of it but you'd have to control the boost to some degree with your right foot.

If you drive it hard every day then it's probably better to leave it stock for now. 

• Thanks 1

• Donating Members

Spewing I missed the rear brembos...

but anyways, I’ve got the more important front ones and they will be enough I’m sure.

I cleaned them up as much as I could care to today. I’ve decided I’m going to paint them anyway so will be sand blasting the original paint off. I left the colour choice up to my wife and she has come back with the candy green. #2 from that colour card chart I posted up earlier. So ordered that paint kit this arvo and will also be making up brembo stencils so I can paint the brembo logo on in black. 

The original paint is missing a lot of clear coat. Also checked and found the pistons and seals all appear to be fine but I think I’ll order new dust boots and seals anyway. They are 40mm and 44mm on both callipers.

Dust boots:

>20.4872.46 (40mm)

>20.4872.48 (44mm)

seals:

>05.5955.58 (40mm)

>05.5955.60 (44mm)

mandatory pics of current condition:

Ux7aTiF.jpg

LE7bByz.jpg

FeJr3g3.jpg

zGA7dNQ.jpg

NpLwtCG.jpg

rotors and pads:

g72cnPd.jpg

6P85PDi.jpg

UXQrSoS.jpg

I can’t comment on what the RDA & ebc red stuff pads combination is like but I feel I might move these on anyway and buy new dba t3 rotors and matching dba xp pads.

For the front:

dba t3 (dba 42102s “355mm x 32mm”)

MjlR7jF.jpg

and dba pads to suit (db1935xp)

lhEDCUt.png

cnLGd1e.jpg

For the rears:

dba t3 (42108s “328mm x 26mm”)

undQswJ.jpg

Also I gave a thought to use the “SP” pads over the “XP” pads but not 100% sure just yet. The “XP” pads look very good all round according to that chart above..

Dba XP pads (db1675xp)

Dba SP pads (db1675sp)

8Urtt31.jpg

• Donating Members
On 09/10/2018 at 9:04 PM, SIMBAD said:

TbyNGbt.jpg

CeJL6Ln.jpg

deaaksq.jpg

Ok so going back to these injectors. The bloke has dropped his price a little more. At this stage he’s $500 plus $10 postage. For some reason I thought they came off a FG but must of been a different advert I’d seen else where.

They are in fact suited to b series with the longer style purple injector adapters.

they actually come of a bf F6.

he is still adamant that they are roughly 10k old as well.

only changed because of

bigger turbo and needing over 2200cc injectors to keep fuel up to it.

So I guess im still unsure if it’s a good deal or not?

Also another thing of interest to me is changing to a T04s style surge slotted .7ar 4” in 2.5” out compressor cover. 

I found a interesting thread on using said cover,backing plate and retainer bracket/clamps on standard turbo and his claimed results are interesting. I haven’t found any more really good info on this yet but here it is:

Edited by SIMBAD

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1d

If you get them cleaned & flow tested there's more money, getting close to new price with NO warranty Usually new one's come with wiring plug adaptors which you'll have to source as well as the injector data for your tuner

• Like 1

• Member For: 6y 10m 27d

Raceworks 1000cc are decent. Mine idle perfectly, never had an injector issue and they are decent price. They were installed by a very well known tuner who uses them on most of their cars...

I think these are the right ones

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1000cc-Raceworks-3-4-Length-INJ-154/273480586693?hash=item3facb695c5:g:gzkAAOSwNDZbMu7f:rk:2:pf:0

There are others with 2 yr warranty as well.

Edited by adams355
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
2 hours ago, 4321 said:

If you get them cleaned & flow tested there's more money, getting close to new price with NO warranty Usually new one's come with wiring plug adaptors which you'll have to source as well as the injector data for your tuner

Yeah that’s also a good point to concider.

But even when new they would need to be flow tested anyways just to make sure