SIMBADS TREAD

SIMBAD

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 2m 17d

Well pretty much have the exhaust sorted now. Jumped onto a dump pipe in Melbourne. $350 delivered for a 4” nizpro. 

Just need some gaskets and flanges for my ballistic cat.

QQZIQFe.png

yXtfJL5.png

0ZzOKOA.png

Shes a bit of a mongrel breed of a exhaust but I’m sure it will work just fine. 

• Donating Members

Worth while? Or too small?

aparently brand new only removed from the box for photos. Comes with piping to suit.

Process west stage 1 kit

wMxjVOf.png

Edited by SIMBAD

• Donating Members

Picked up some 4 pot front brembos with fairly new pads and discs this arvo. The fellow was trying to sell a whole vixen red GT-P that had been stacked but I woke up this morning with a message from the bloke saying he’s decided to part it out now and to make an offer on the front brakes I originally messaged him about a couple days ago. So like usual you offer low and make your way up but he was happy with my initial offer of $500 for callipers only sight unseen. He brought the disc brakes as well to our meeting spot and accepted a extra $50 for me to take them. They appear to be RDA drilled and slotted and don’t even have a lip at all on them yet. I would have much preferred DBA but beggars can’t be choosers. Caught on the wrong end of the pay month I intend on picking up the rear set up as well next weekend. 

Anyways, I will clean and inspect these bad boys tomorrow!

1ard6ds.jpg

• Like 4

• Donating Members
22 hours ago, D4N said:

Good purchase. How did they clean up? 

Haven’t finished giving them a real good clean yet. Gave them a quick scrub with truck wash then run out of time. Mrs was due home any minute so quickly packed it up and stored away for the moment to avoid any unnecessary questions.

ill try and clean up better tomorrow and get some better pictures of the fronts.

Further updates:

I might have missed out on the rear brembo deal with the same bloke. He’s a bit of a strange character.

anyways Ill know for sure come tomorrow. If I do manage to get the rears as well I think I might strip them all back completely and repaint myself in a candy colour. Thinking red, blue and flirting with white.

Undecided on what colour but definitely one of these:

f6aop11.png

1PInf6C.png

JVlSefZ.png

OUhzdLg.png

ngbeb7o.png

I think white will be a pain to keep clean, though I do wash my car at least twice a month, sometimes more living out in the weather..

I have a backup purchase coming should the rear brakes definitely falls through. Come across a guy selling injector dynamics 1000cc. Aparently only 10000km old and never had e85 through them if that even matters?

I have him down to $550 delivered at this stage for Friday. Aparently they were on a fg and he says will suit b series? This I’m not certain about. Also looking at the pics they appear to me to be older than 10000km old. I would of thought they would look basically brand spanking new. 

What do you all reckon? Good deal or pass?

His pics he sent me:

TbyNGbt.jpg

CeJL6Ln.jpg

deaaksq.jpg

Edited by SIMBAD

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

I wouldn't buy those injectors at that price, imho. you need extensions to get FG injectors to work a B-series.

• Thanks 1

• Donating Members

Ok cheers. I was a little doubtful over them. I did try him for $400’but he wasn’t keen. What is the difference between the b series and fg? Is it a different connector/plug?

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

I just read your thread again Sam, it's good stuff mate and I noticed that I didn't answer your question about the exhaust. 

I bought the dump, cat and y pipe through Garage7 and I then spoke to George from Venom who helped out with advice etc. 

Jeturbo supplied me with the matching catback at a good price. 

All up was a tad under $1600.

You've probably got it all sorted by now but I figured a reply was in order anyway.  

• Thanks 1