SIMBADS TREAD

SIMBAD

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 2m 17d

I also started pricing up 4” stainless mandrel bends,gaskets, turbo flange, vee band sets and mufflers to build my own exhaust.

I’m up to about $1000. Plus another $600-650 for borla xr1 mufflers plus time and other consumables. 

Looking at those numbers the TOG exhausts look like pretty good value for money considering it looks like a direct copy of the Nizpro 4” for $1600 delivered. 

Another option im considering is lobster backing a dump pipe as I have a length of 4” stainless pipe that’s about 1700mm in length sitting at my old place in the shed doing nothing. Then maybe reducing to 3.5” to middle muffler and rest of the way to the tip. Might save somewhere around $400 going that way. OR reducing down to twin 2.5” mild steel xforce new for about $500 for their catback and modifying it to suit.

otherwise I can sit back longer and stalk the markets for second hand 4” xforce exhaust. I seen there’s one on Facebook for about $780 in stainless but the cat internals had been knocked out. It’s somewhere in qld iirc and unsure if I want to had that kind of money out again to someone I don’t know a rely on them freighting it for me. Which would no doubt be about another $100 on top.

Edited by SIMBAD

• Member For: 5y 11m 22d

If you build it yourself is mild steel an option? It's a fair bit cheaper than S/S. Much price difference with v-band v's flanges? Also heard v-bands aren't really necessary for the whole system.  

Xforce sounds like a good option. Have you looked at venom?

• Donating Members

Price wise I think venom and xforce were close to the same. Same as using flanges once you factor in the gasket as well there’s maybe a few dollars difference. And will probably only need 3 maybe 4 sets. I only considered using v band because I haven’t used them before and look easy enough to do plus not having to worry about gaskets is kind of appealing also.

I could do in mild steel. But I like stainless lol

if I think of it this way, 4” stainless exhaust systems are mostly 2k plus. Manta do a twin 3” for like $3300.

I think the best way to go probably is jump onto a good second hand system when the right one pops up

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
3 minutes ago, SIMBAD said:

I think the best way to go probably is jump onto a good second hand system when the right one pops up

You're probably right there. 

I paid $1500 for a new turbo back venom system. They have made over 500rwkw on the b series and are very quiet too. 

If you have a decent welder and other tools then make one but you can't go past cheap and easy sometimes.

• Like 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

V band rules for ease of fitment and alignment.

What is the Cat quality of the TOG ??

Cheap as chips.  Why build one. 

https://m.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-BA-BF-FALCON-TURBO-BACK/172803369405?hash=item283be229bd:g:TpIAAOSwJhFZgZpX

Edited by arronm
  • Like 1

• Donating Members

Farken hell that is cheap! $1150!!!

9 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

You're probably right there. 

I paid $1500 for a new turbo back venom system. They have made over 500rwkw on the b series and are very quiet too. 

If you have a decent welder and other tools then make one but you can't go past cheap and easy sometimes.

I like this quiet buisiness

• Donating Members

Where did you get the venom sytem?

I see they have a ebay store and their full system is $2290. Or their twin 2.5” “catback” is $995 delivered

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

To make the most power on the least boost you want the BIGGEST of all mods, especially exhaust and intercooler.

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Managed to get onto a cat back exhaust.

its a 3.5” xforce job I picked up for $420.

was slightly modified ba/f to suit a Barra swapped ed falcon. This time I purchased from a reputable wrecker from Brisbane. “DANS FPV PARTS WRECKER” and the exhaust was actually on his modified ed that was running over 380rwkw. He has now changed to a custom 4” and GTX3584rs.

Anyways it might bolt straight up without too much drama. We’ll see. Then work out the dump pipe section later.

KAO6t4y.jpg

0pnPbsr.jpg

Now some better pics of my turbo after a duragloss wash and chamois dry.

really liking the way it sits now especially with the silver argents. 

lnisWCS.jpg

WD5G46D.jpg

6nJTfhP.jpg

XBa5Jav.jpg

Also on the way in the mail is nolathane diff bushes and the new front shocks to suit the lowered front springs.

list of things to come are injector dynamics  1000, Valve springs and head studs? or “atomic ready to boost kit”, oil pump gears and plate or whole new oil pump. Timing chain kit, bigger in tank fuel pump, Intercooler kit (JT, plaz, PW), xcal4 and tune. Probably zf oil cooler as well.

• Like 1