SIMBADS TREAD

SIMBAD

• Member For: 6y 10m 28d

You don't really need a 4" dump and 1000hp cooler for 350rwkw. Definitely the cat, have a look in the 300rwkw club page or whatever its called and do some research it will save you a lot of money if you are into that...

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 2m 18d

The 4” dump might be overkill? But I’ll be saving a fair bit there anyways if I build it myself. I reckon I can get that done for about $250-300 in stainless. And between the 800 and 1000hp plaza coolers there’s a difference of about $200 if I end up buying brand new.

I could also make my own exhaust but probably single 3.5” for ease and have a suitable resonator and big muffler. I’m just afraid it’ll be too loud or droney or both. 

I might start researching mufflers and resonators. In the past I’ve looked at the stuff from Borla but can’t remember their prices off the top of my head at this stage but probably around the $150-200 each plus materials so maybe around the $600 mark and a couple days work

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 12d

4" dump will be future proof. do it.

I found twin 2.5 exhaust system to be good for keeping drone at bay. great flow too. once again future proof (to a point).

I went twin 3.5" cats side by side. easily supporting 360ish rwkw

Edited by Panda Eyes
  • Like 1

• Donating Members

My thoughts exactly. 

This twin cat side by side interests me also. I was going to go a 5” body 4” in/out ballistic cat but think the body size might make it hang a bit too low.

That exhaust combo and 360ish is perfect in my mind 

So I bought a dump. $100 delivered. 4” xforce. Maybe it’s too good to be true? Don’t know. Will find out in the next week or so I suppose. 

After inspection if I actually receive it, I’ll get it cleaned up and maybe ceramic coated. If no good I have a base to make a jig from and just build one based off this.

ZDe8xOY.png

xJOQP6a.png

Mandatory pic of a unclean cold turbo in my workplaces car park tonight

ac0TErm.jpg

Edited by SIMBAD
  • Like 1

• Donating Members

Well this happened today..

ryQye5h.jpg

the bloke actually seemed genuine bassed  off our conversation and has transferred back my money plus a beer (fiver) which was good of him. Bit of a shame I missed this bargain and unfortunate for him to have gear stolen. Most would store in a better place but it is what it is.

The hunt for bargains continue for the meantime.

side note: I keep looking at my front brembos on the GT doing nothing at the moment..

Edited by SIMBAD

• Donating Members

I was thinking “oh hear we go:rant2:

going to be farked around getting money back. I do have photos of his truck drivers license that has his full name address etc so maybe that was the difference from not ripping me off? 

Anyways, he has proved that it’s coming back to me so will leave it at that.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

The bloke who bought my BA seats for his 4WD last week said he'd been done over a couple of times with "sorry man they got stolen" story on Gumtree. In one case, he was talking to a mate the next day who had just bought seats from the same suburb and what he had paid was slightly higher than what the first guy had offered and agreed...

• Like 1

• Donating Members

100%

I kind of set my self up. Maybe jinxed myself early expecting it to be a flop. 

It was too cheap. But a deal was a deal But anyways, What ever. I got my cash back in my account tonight which surprised me. 

2 hours ago, El Andrew said:

The bloke who bought my BA seats for his 4WD last week said he'd been done over a couple of times with "sorry man they got stolen" story on Gumtree. In one case, he was talking to a mate the next day who had just bought seats from the same suburb and what he had paid was slightly higher than what the first guy had offered and agreed...

Yeah this isn’t the first time it has happened to myself lol

• Like 1