FG XR6T Build Details Unopened EFR 9180

absmith

• Member For: 3y 6m 29d

@absmithI'm looking at the efr8474 with .83 turbine housing. From your pictures the 9180 side by side with the gt3576 or gt3582r it looks like the. 83 on your 9180 is physically larger than the gt's 1.06. How did you think they compared in size? I don't want to go smaller than the stock 1.06 on a new turbo but the .83 looks good. The efr 8474 is 950hp rated. What hp is your 9180? I wonder if exhaust housings are different sizes between 9180 and 8474.

• Member For: 14y 2m 17d

From memory every part of the 9180 was bigger than the gt3582r...

It's a while back now but I recon I would go high mount if your keen on the 9180, it's just so much longer than the original turbo and becomes a nightmare with power steering pump clearance ect. I still have the car, no issues since doing the modifications, but again I think I would go high mount and am considering other turbo options in future.

I think the 9180 was 1000hp rated but in my opinion there is no way this is achievable on a barra on 98 fuel. My guess would be 600hp, maybe some more with water meth. E85 is not really an option here availability wise.

The .83 on the EFR is definitely larger than stock.

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 3y 6m 29d

@absmith It sounds like you get surprising awesome spool from that turbo with a 91mm exducer compressor wheel. Have you got any photos of your compressor inlet pipe and your power steer pump without the reservoir on it? A 4inch intake pipe must be very very tight getting from airbox to turbo, I'd love to see that. I reckon with that turbo you'd be making a good 450rwkw at 25psi. Sounds awesome, I'm still contemplating a efr8474 and will have the same fitment issues as you. Is the iwg actuator ok being in that hot area? What psi spring is in it?