BF XR6 - handling issues whilst accelerating in wet

Brad3199

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

yep, figured it would be a case-by-case thing. It's the same with me, but often when I'm at about 60deg off where I should be (may be a slight exaggeration), a quick let go of the steering wheel and a letting go of the throttle seems to align the car up again quite quickly and I can putt off without too much trouble :) haha

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

I have a strict start up procedure that involves turning TC off before reversing out of the driveway, unless I have a passenger who wouldn't appreciate the intent.

In that case I wait until they're looking out the window.

• Haha 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) in the FG's is much more worthwhile than just the regular old traction control in a BA/F. But still to be turned off when you're intending to drive spiritedly, lest it cut power when you don't want it to :3gears:

• Member For: 6y 23d

Cool, I'll give that a crack next time I have a good run ;) to clarify though - 'driving spiritedly', you mean having a quick run through the twisties, not lighting it up on private roads etc?? If I TC off & belt through the hills I spose I could be in for an accidental tree hug, if our definition of 'spirited' is not the same :/

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

haha, driving spiritedly is utilizing the maximum power, braking and suspension handling characteristics of the setup you currently run, in any way you can think of; powerslides, drifting, maintaining traction in a straight line or in twisties but driving on the ragged edge, donuts, j-turns etc.

• Member For: 6y 23d

Noted :D

This brings us back to the original point of this thread. If I turn off TC and snap sideways, I'll end up in a ditch :/ I have always caught the sideways snap but there's not much margin for error when pushing hard through narrow twisty roads..