Ba 4 speed limits.

Goeer

• Banned
  • Member For: 8y 1m 12d
9 hours ago, camo86T said:

So you got a safe or dangerous diff in the gt...

I did not get a lot of information when I bought the car  other than it was tuned at bluepower in Victoria, and the auto was tuned as well. The car has only done 3000 klm with the blower so I figure the engine has plenty of life left to give. I am still yet to go stupid in it, burnout wise, mainly because the tyres are brand new and worth 300 bucks each. But I am dying to flick it over to sss and leave it in first and see what she can do. I know what she can do from 70- 180 and by my calculations she gets there in spot on 7 seconds. Not sure if that's great or not, but it sure does get my heart  pumping. I don't know if it is a dangerous diff or a safe diff, but worse case scenario if it is dangerous I could get it reconditioned for 3000 fitted.I have not had it looked at since I bought the car, maybe I should have, because the engine oil change was 5000 over due. I should get a complete flush and service and find out what kind of pump the box is running.  I have heard the au pumps have a lot more flow, so who knows. But the btr for the gt was upgraded over the turbo box at that time because of the extra torque they produced. ba xr6t stock torque was 450nm and gt stock torque was 520. But what the upgrade actually involved and if it was really beneficial is any anybody's guess. My plan is to start driving it more harshly, after all I didn't buy this car to drive like a grandpa. If it breaks it breaks. I will just put it of the road and drive my au until financers permit me buying the 3000 reconditioned box fitted.

• Banned
6 hours ago, arronm said:

Tuned box in my VF is sweet. So is the tuned ZF in the territory. Not as good as the manuals though. So little cost to handle big power.

my car is a generation before yours but because I had never owned a sss its new technology to me, and I am loving it. Spun the wheels once in sss in gear one and think I am getting the itch do  it every fortnight I do the 70-180 squirt. Tyre expenses here I come. The car cost a fortune to run, it drinks 23 ltrs per 100 ( but the trick is to only do 3000- 4000 per year like me) and then factor in 900 dollars insurance per year tyres brakes and anything that goes bang, but I still think its worth it. My brother was going to buy the mustang because he read that it only uses 14 litres per 100km. What the wanker did not realise that was the average of highway urban and stop and start. when they do the  fuel usage test half of the time is spent with the car sitting  and just idling, that's how they get the average down to 14. But when I pointed out that the car uses 20 ltrs per 100 in urban driving he ran for the nearest Mitsubishi dealer and put  a stupid lancer. If you want enjoyment from a car, you have to pay for it, simple as that. I don't think a lancer that has not been updated for 14 years is going to be a thrill to drive.

• Member For: 8y 11m 21d
On 02/08/2018 at 5:03 PM, goeer said:

I don't know what there VE and newer boxes are like but I have owned 2 older Expensive Daewoo v8's  and I thought those boxes sucked. They didn't know what to do half the time.

The six auto in my VE series2 sv6 is an absolute shocker. Doesn't know what it wants to do. 210 kw car with a trans that surges then hangs neutral gears.

I think like double R said they need to tuned. Before that there still rubbish.

Give me my T56 in black betty any day.

#ManualLifeFTW

• Banned

I had my mind set on a VE SS, I looked at them for ages, now glad I went for the GT. No offence, but seems like every man and his dog has a VE. I think it was the most sold model in the lions history.  The GT gets heaps of stares, mainly for the exhaust, it is the loudest exhaust I have ever heard. Not sure whether to leave it or quieten it down.

On 8/5/2018 at 8:13 AM, JETURBO said:

Chloe.gif 

What does this mean ?

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 2d
16 minutes ago, dipstick said:

What does this mean ?

chloe-gif-10.gif 

6 minutes ago, dipstick said:

Not sure whether to leave it or quieten it down.

Leave it - unless it's droning/annoying etc